MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased the autocom cdp+ to try and read/clear any codes causing my intermittent engine management light. I have installed the software as suggested on this forum (no AV and internet) and have successfully installed the software. I am also able to detect the VCI so all seems good. However, when I connect it to the R56 OBD connector it is unable to establish a link. I have checked the back of the connector and no wires appear to be damaged or loose. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
have you run the set up on top options where it finds the vci an can set up blue tooth etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it found the VCI and asked it to update the firmware, which I did. I am using this via the USB and not the bluetooth. I assume if not working on USB then BT would also be the same.
I did try a cheap code reader on it a few weeks ago, and it was able to connect and read basic info. just no codes. As expected from what I understand.
So it would seem the connector is ok on the car. Could it be a fault VCI ?

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
try blue tooth connection mine broke on hsrd wire noy long after buying it, had mine now 8 years and works well on blue tooth and has been used a lot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried blue tooth and same outcome. finds the VCI but unable to connect to the car. I just tried it on my VW T6 and same outcome, although not sure if it should work on those as I believe they need a specific VCDS system.

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Just tried blue tooth and same outcome. finds the VCI but unable to connect to the car. I just tried it on my VW T6 and same outcome, although not sure if it should work on those as I believe they need a specific VCDS system.
t6 would be to new its works on t5.1 use it on my van all the time, i also have vcds vag com as well, when you plug the vci in to car what colour light do you get, then when you search to find the vci with laptop do they change colour they should flick between green and blue, if get red then battery voltage to low , if go purple then connection fault, also when using bluetooth might need to train the dongle to laptop to find right usb coms the first time, might have a faulty one

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
purple tends to be a vci fault

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts