MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How are you?

I am sorry to trouble you all, but I've been having problems with my car (2003 mini cooper; automatic) starting. Yesterday, my car would not start so the car battery was charged and it was fine. Today, when I went to start my car it wouldn't start again...so the car battery was charged again and it started, but the service engine went on this time. I used the OBDII reader and I was given the codes P1698 and P1787. May I please ask if anyone can help me?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
How old is the battery?......it has probably reached the end of its useful life, normally 5-7 years.
If battery is ok (have it tested) then alternator is not charging it fully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My check engine light its on.. on my 06 mini cooper.. the codes are p1787, and 1698... can someone let me know what this means?? - Fixya

I have a 2004 r50 that's in the same boat. Throwing the same codes, cranking, but no ignition. Incidentally F5 under the steering column only has momentary power when the starting is cranking. Two different keys have the same result. The fuel pump was replaced and is pressurized. I have the chiming with the keys in the ignition. Did anyone ever find a solution to the two problems aforementioned on this thread?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Samuel Oates
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing