MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else got the Automatic Air Con option?

Seems to work well, but was delivered with temperature readout set to display in Fahrenheit and for the external temperature display as well. Going into the dealer on Thursday to have it fixed to display in sensible units, but find it hard to understand why it defaulted to Fahrenheit in the first place.

Reading the car handbook cover to cover, in the hope of finding a way that I could change the display myself, I discovered some information on the 'Car memory' feature. This allows many functions like central locking to be customised according to customer preferences - e.g. sequential unlocking (drivers door with one press, other doors with second press of remote), automatic door locking on setting off, various operating modes for the interior lights etc. I understand this has been a standard feature of BMWs for some years, with the additional capability to customise features on a per key basis for multiple drivers of the same car. So did anyone's dealer actually ask them at time of ordering what options they would like pre-programmed on delivery?

Ian

A reasonably happy Mini One owner, so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Auto Aircon works like a dream. As for the memory key feature, you will find loads of posts detailing the feature - some more complex than others.

I asked my dealer about how it works and what it could do when I collected my Cooper and he said a limited feature set could be activated and recommended I spoke to the Service Dept . My gripe was, I wish I was offered the chance to order an extra blipper key before I collected the car. Oh! and that the memory feature was discussed I would have viewed this as positive!

·
Registered
330 Posts
From these forums, I'm given to understand that the programmable functions are very recent, and depend upon the dealers having the newest software.

As to why your display was set to display fahrenheit - didn't you know we were beta testing the cars for the American market? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Car Memory

iaa said:
So did anyone's dealer actually ask them at time of ordering what options they would like pre-programmed on delivery?
Nope, neither of the 2 dealers I've ordered from even mentioned the facility. Seems that few dealers (certainly the sales teams) know much about this facility. You'd think BMW/MINI would use the features to help sell the car so mystery why's it being kept so low key?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Crashandburn said:
From these forums, I'm given to understand that the programmable functions are very recent, and depend upon the dealers having the newest software.

As to why your display was set to display fahrenheit - didn't you know we were beta testing the cars for the American market? :rolleyes:
Actually got the display fixed this morning (not Thurs, so lucky I checked my diary yesterday), so everything seems to be OK now. They did manage to reset my odometer trip reading in the process though.

When I first enquired about changing the temperature display units, I was told I'd have to wait until they'd received a software upgrade for the diagnostic computer.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts