MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm very, very close to ordering a nearly fully-specced Cooper (similar in colour to Feline's). Just wondering what the difference is between manual and automatic aircon. My brother's Golf has climate-control - is this the same as "automatic" air con?

Cheers

Will

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah, automatic air and climate control are one in the same.

Manual air is basically a button you press to activate the aircon, automatic has a dial where you set the temperature and the computer keeps it constant.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks. Test drove one today, first time in a Mini, and I was completely taken aback. Amazing road-control - it's like velcro! I'm hooked and sold :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. Job interview on Monday....that's the clincher. If I get that, then I'll be straight down to the dealership :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went for climate control.

On my previous car I just had manual AC and wasn't sure which to go for.
B/f persuaded me on the climate and I'm really pleased he did. No more fiddling with the temperature to get it just right - with the climate it just stays at whatever you set it to.

Feline

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Ahh….. Gad to hear you are liking the climate control.. I was quite unsure about it as I’ve heard some bad reports on here and my dealer also tried to persuade me against it. Very glad I’ve now got it specced though :)

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I went for auto (climate), just looks loads better imo :)

isnt necessary tho, just a gimmick for fussy people like me

·
Registered
29 Posts
"Yes" to automatic air conditioning

Definitely get the auto air con. Worth the extra - I did a five hour journey yesterday in the blazing heat and it was great. I set the air con to 18 degrees and let the computer do the rest.

And it's designed to look like the MINI badge as well - what more could you want?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
andy_guildford
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing