MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the Autosport International show at the NEC, Birmingham 12 - 13 Jan 2002?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Id love to attend but I will be in NEW York :D :D :D

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
R1 said:
Anyone going to the Autosport International show at the NEC, Birmingham 12 - 13 Jan 2002?
Sounds cool - where can I find more details?

Dom

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday (12th) - in the Live Action Arena at 1:30.

For anyone who is thinking of going who hasn't been before, the Live Action Arena is well worth paying the extra for.

It is basically a load of people who are far better drivers/riders than I'll ever be showing off their car (and I think this year bike) control in one of the halls. There are usually a few head to head races along with some "time trials" by rally rally cars.

It is worth it just for the noise (WRC cars giving it plenty indoors :) ) and the smell (that unbeatable cocktail of exhaust fumes and loads of burning rubber).

If anyone is planning a trip on the Saturday and fancies meeting up, let me know.

Colin

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
me and my better half will be going on sat 12th
its usually a good show, and i'm hoping there will be a few modded MINIs on show
Ady (R50):cool:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
I'll be there on the Saturday...

just gotta book the tickets, that's less money to spend on my MINI. Doh!

Dom

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Convoy?

I'm leaving from Swindon, Wilts on the Saturday - if anyone wants to meet up on the way and go in some kind of convoy let me know... should turn some heads!

Cheers,

Dom

P.S - I'll either go through Cheltenham then up the M5 or up to Oxford and along the M40, depending on who wants to meet.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
me too...

I'll be there on the Saturday (with my other half). Just booked the tickets including Live Arena at 10.30am. Are you all meeting anywhere?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I will be there with my Dad on Saturday... 10.30 in the live arena. Will be getting there in his V70 though, trying to keep the miles off my MINI!!:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
There will be a John Cooper Works Club Sport Challenge Car on the 750 Motor Club Stand (Stand 6340 in the middle of Hall 6. Map of Hall 6 (the AutoSport site seems to slow down a hell of a lot during the day so you'll probably need to be pretty patient.

Anyone fancy meeting up there at some point ? I'm aiming to arrive at about 11am, leave at 5pm and will be in the Live Action Arena between about 1pm and 2:30pm

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Am I the only one actually taking my MINI?!?

you should probably be able to spot me walking around, I'll be in me MINI t-shirt... ;)

Dom

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm gonna go tomorrow (Saturday), but can anyone tell me if you can pay on the door, and do you have to pre book for the live arena?
Can't get onto their web site at the moment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts