MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
I dont have it (my car is an r53) but my girl friend and brothers new minis both have it and i think it is great when i have driven their cars :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it is the mechanism where the engine stops when the cars stops and starts again when the car moves, then I loathe it! Engineers say that the car actually gives more CO2 that way.
Thankfully there is the little button in front of the gear shift to overcome it.

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
I think its a brilliant innovation and I wouldn't be without it now. It actually annoys me when it doesn't autostop and I start thinking about all that valuable fuel I'm burning for nothing!

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Glad mine hasnt got it.. Another thing to go wrong ;)

Least with the new Factory JCW they decided not to put it on..

·
My brain hurts!
4,880 Posts
Mine 'played up' for the first time last Friday ............. seems OK now :puzzled:

One positive I suppose is at least you can turn it off!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yehh thats right.
it doesn't work that well when for example u are in traffic, and always stopping and starting, which is also a good thing, because it could get annoying in traffic couldnt it?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I will soon be getting my Factory JCW which doesnt have it

Am i werid but i think i am going to miss it

(Current car R56 S works)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got a courtesy Cooper at moment and its fair to say that I hate the stop/start thing. So irritating,
Its not bad enough that the car is not my MCS JCW and so does not facilitate a quick getaway from lights anyway but having to wait for the darned thing to restart itself every time is a misery!
What is the perceived wisdom on the long term effects on starter motor wear?
I don't know if its all the stop start or the fact that I'm ragging it to get it to go but it is doing less mpg than my S !!!

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
I've got a courtesy Cooper at moment and its fair to say that I hate the stop/start thing. So irritating,
Its not bad enough that the car is not my MCS JCW and so does not facilitate a quick getaway from lights anyway but having to wait for the darned thing to restart itself every time is a misery!
You can always turn it off.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You can always turn it off.
I looked at earlier posts and realised that it was just a button, not a dealer setting as I first assumed.
I raced out immediately and pressed the button, even though I don't intend to drive the car again til the morning.
Saved a load of cursing tomorrow, many thanks! :D

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I looked at earlier posts and realised that it was just a button, not a dealer setting as I first assumed.
I raced out immediately and pressed the button, even though I don't intend to drive the car again til the morning.
Saved a load of cursing tomorrow, many thanks! :D
You have to press the button everytime you start the car to switch it off :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts