MINI Cooper Forum banner

Is 400 gbp outrageous for standard auxillery driving lamps?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nut uh they are well worth it!

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been quoted 400 pounds to supply and fit the rally style auxillery driving lamps to my MO. ?!? Outrageous considering they are 145 or something for the actual units. BMW have me by the short and curlies tho as it invalidates warranty if they are fitted un-professionally!

Any ideas what else i could spend similar money on? other than wheels and sound system that is :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
God, 400 GBP is $716 U.S.! That's totally nuts.

But, my dealer in Richmond charges $650, which isn't far behind yours. I ordered a gauge package and driving lamps for my '05 MINI, then complained loudly about the high price of the lamps. The dealer then "threw in" the gauge package free of charge ($250).

That wasn't so terrible, I guess. Good driving lamps are not cheap. I absolutely love mine, they really light up the dark, country roads around here.

Barter with your dealer, whine a lot, they may give you a break! Obviously, the MINI dealers have a lot of wiggle room on these accessories.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
i think mine were around £300 fully fitted by BMW, 2 lamps that is (not four)

they look amazing and i wouldn't want a MINI without them now :) i live in the countryside as well and they do make a difference to the main beam... i drove a friend's MINI without them (but with xenons) and i couldn't believe the difference!

less money would be some bonnet stripes and a custom roof graphic, check my gallery... but then the stripes need the lights to finish them off (this modding lark can go on for hours ;) )

try to haggle, i think £400 is too much!! ask another dealer if poss.

also i'm told that if you fit the BMW ones yourself, and they're fitted correctly, it doesn't invalidate the warranty (as it's a BMW part). but don't quote me on that, might be worth doing a search ;)

otherwise wait and get some aftermarket ones, or get the BMW ones fitted after you've lived with the car for a bit (that's what i did).

hope this helps, sorry for the long post!

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, grr, so expensive, i would spend the money on a roof decal, but i already forked out over 700 for them to paint it black along with the mirror caps and spoiler..they're taking me for a ride arent they..literally.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
invalidates the warranty? ballcocks! :mad: they're taking the **** mate. £300 fitted is the going rate & thats about double what they're worth. do yourself a favour & buy some decent aftermarket cibies or hellas & get an electrical shop to fit them

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm getting some lamps for Christmas. Got em for £110 from my dealer (cos they know me well) and I'm getting them fitted myself. My dealer then said they would activate them and check the work, so they won't invalidate my warrenty! Now thats service for you! Got a completely different story from another dealer though, so shop around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.