MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
If you mean the auxilary jack that fits in the glovebox, I asked BMW about it. (If its not that, completely ignore all of this! :rolleyes:)

This is what they said:

"The Parts kit is £39.95 labour for us to fit is £148.02 - Total inc vat - 188.00

We'd like to bring your attention to the availability of retrofit Auxiliary Connection kits for MINI. With the increasing popularity of MP3 players and iPods a number of customers are enquiring about Auxiliary Connection points for these kinds of audio devices.

The Auxiliary Connection point is a connection jack for all external audio sources available on the market and is simple and quick to install (installation time is approximately 1.5 hours). The jack is installed in the glove compartment or oddments box. The volume can be controlled via the standard radio controls or multifunction volume controls, however it is not possible to select tracks etc via the car's audio controls. The kit can be fitted to any MINI built after 09/02."

Hope zis helps! ;)

·
Dude with a MINI
188 Posts
i'm looking for a way of setting up some kind of aux input for my alpine CDE-9828RB unit, any tips mkey??

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Phrozen said:
got CDXM8800 mate, any help will be appreciated :)
According to the Sony web the 8800 comes with aux input on the back. This will be a pair of phono sockets.
Then you just need o plug in a phono to jack lead if you are adding an mp3 player.
Or if it is an ipod you could go along the icelink route

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mikeythemini said:
According to the Sony web the 8800 comes with aux input on the back. This will be a pair of phono sockets.
Then you just need o plug in a phono to jack lead if you are adding an mp3 player.
Or if it is an ipod you could go along the icelink route
oh ok thanks for your help, i wanted to get one of those little aux inputs pref but that will do. its not a ipod otherwise i would have got ice link :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.