MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Parrot 3200 into my R56 Mini One without MFSW and now the Aux In doesn't work. I have checked that I didn't forget to connect any cables and I have also removed the Parrot kit in case I damaged something during the installation. It just doesn't seem to work with the kit installed. Are there other wires that I need to connect?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can see this was posted quite a while ago, so hopefully you have sorted the problem now? Just in case you still have the issue, read on.

I just fitted a parrot 3400 to our clubman using an interface loom supplied my Mikey of newministuff (thanks Mikey). On the original factory plug which goes directly into the back of the boost CD there are two other detachable plugs (plugs within a plug, if you like). The top one connects the wires from the aux socket and the bottom one houses two fibre optic cables. You need to detach these two "plugs within a plug" from the original factory plug connector and attach them in the same place in the new plug on the interface loom. Then insert the original factory plug into the socket on the interface loom. I am guessing whoever fitted your parrot left the aux connector in the original factory plug? If so, I can see why this would not work. The instructions with the interface loom Mikey supplied were pretty clear about this. Everything worked fine for me, though it did take me bloody hours to dismantle / reassemble the dashboard in order to fit it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the info. I haven't got the problem sorted yet but will give it a go at the weekend. I didn't realise there were plugs within the plug. I think I missed this bit on the instructions, as with yourself it took me hours to dismantle and reassemble the dash. Can do it in about an hour now.

Will let you know how I get on at the weekend when I give it a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only got around to sorting out the aux this weekend. Works a treat.

It took me just over and hour to to and thats because I spent 15 mins trying to get the speedo surround back on. Nightmare.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got my interface lead from mikey and now have the parrot 3000 evo kit but i have 2 boxes to put somewhere under the dash, just wondering where you put yours???

Cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thank you, I just stuck the two boxes togeather under the radio, fits perfectly. Thanks Mikey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Parrot Kits

I think with the Parrott you need a few wires from BMW to make it work properly because the dealers state that the Parrott needs an extra wire. I saw kits advertised by BMW dealers on e bay which all stated the kit was 'correct' for the MINI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts