MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have the gauge package installed by the dealer on my '05 MCS. Consists of a voltmeter and water temp gauge. The cost was exorbitant, I'd suggest that if you have decent mechanical skills to install it yourself.

The gauges are located at the bottom of the dash console, under the swiches. As such, it's not easy to see. Also, the temp gauge readout is in centigrade, not exactly what I was expecting on a U.S. spec car.

I'd like to add a boost/vacuum gauge, one of the most useful gauges IMHO and great for engine diagnostics. Oil pressure would also be nice. But then, I love gauges and can't ever seem to have enough.

The factory gauges are VDO and can be purchased at many retail outlets. There's also an aftermarket gauge setup that goes adjacent to the tacho, not sure where to buy it.

Anyone else?

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i install this part myself, because the price at the garage is very hard, not good for me...the price for install is the price from the part, this is exorbitant...

I search schéma ou plan from the oil sensor at the motor

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
vagt6 said:
I have the gauge package installed by the dealer on my '05 MCS. Consists of a voltmeter and water temp gauge.
Are you sure that its a water temp Gauge, mines a Oil temp gauge i think :confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
guages

do it yourself. its not worth the cost from the dealers. all in I paid for guage holder, 2 guages water temp and voltmeter and water temp sender all for less than £50. look in my gallery, i am pleased with the match of the accessory guages.

·
Domestic Motor Pool Chief
1,150 Posts
Redundant praise

I also have the extra guages in my car. They look great at night. I'd rather have oil pressure as opposed to temp but they still look great at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts