MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to the mini club. I purchased my self a beautiful Mini CooperD convertible a month back and love it. I’m just struggling to find which aux lead to buy..... the ones I have seen on eBay seem to say they only work on models up to 2010....
I have a iPhone XS. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you 😊

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I don’t have steering wheel control (unless I am being blind haha) would this mean this wouldn’t be compatible with my car?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had a 2010 Dooper Convertible on a 60 plate and used the Y cable to play music from my old iPod with no issues and it also displayed the album artwork. It did have MINI connected, not sure if that was a factor. It when I got a 2015 Roadster with Visual Boost but not MINI connected the cable whilst it worked, the music sounded like it was under water. The Y cables are fairly cheap on Amazon so it might be worth giving one of those a go first.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I don’t have steering wheel control (unless I am being blind haha) would this mean this wouldn’t be compatible with my car?
Yes it would work, just have to use the hifi head controls instead, it displays folders and tracks on the speedo too. The Y cable I bought for my 2009 Boost radio did not work with my iPhone at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts