MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming down to the final decisions regarding a new MCS (I'm on the verge of obsession!) and I've noticed that the R91 isn't listed anywhere in the "Build Your Own" portion of miniusa.com. I also see a lot of talk about this wheel, so now I'm wondering what the deal is. Anybody have any clues as to the availability and cost?

I see that they're 4.5lbs (2kg) lighter than the R85 S-Lites, so that can't be a bad thing. They still don't compete with something like the OZ Superleggera... but really, few wheels do!

I've been lurking around MINI2 for some weeks now, and now it's time to get active. Cheers! -- Kim

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can get them from the parts department, have your dealer put them on and then sell the wheels that came on your Mini! The price I have been quoted is $225 per Bullet.

My MCS comes in Feb. '05 and it will have Bullets on it.

Anyone want to buy 4 brand new 17" SLites in Mentor, Ohio in mid-Feb. '05?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bullet Wheels

I believe the Bullet wheels are only available on the Cabrio from the factory. You would have to buy them as an accessory and would end up with 2 sets of wheels. I am taking the bullets off my Cabrio at delivery and selling them to a fellow down in Orange County. You might find another Cabrio owner willing to do the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips! Perhaps I should just go with the X-Lites for now, and later get a proper set of 17s that cost roughly as much as the MINI branded wheels but several pounds lighter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts