MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Name is obvious, it was bought to be flat towed behind our RV, the Tardis... :D

I'm heading out now for the second day of driving. I'll try to post more pictures tonight.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I took plenty of pictures today but can't post them. I'm connect via my cell phone so can't upload pics. I'll post them tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm at a motel on the west side of Denver, should be home in Vegas tomorrow evening. :)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Up and ready to hit the road. :nice:

BB, yes still loving the clubbie. It doesn't handle like the other MINIs I've owned, but the interior is far far more luxurious. :nice: And I'm not pushing it, I have a few more miles to go for break in. I'm a little over 900 miles now, should pass break in in Utah, then watch out! :aargh: :D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You slept in your U-Haul? Now that's togetherness and determination!:D

Happy trails today and what's the speed limit in Utah?:tongue:

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
BB, he's having sport with you a bit. The U Haul was converted to a toy hauler, it had a sleeper compartment. Still very uncomfortable in January, but we did have a bed and heat.

Utah has a speed limit? :aargh: Thought it was another Montanabahn. ;)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That's a relief regarding the U-Haul, but I still admire your pioneer spirits! Montanabahn!:biggrin:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great pics Sherry and congratulations, hope you enjoy driving it as much I do.
Had a loaner Cooper and was strange going back to a smaller Mini, use to the size of the clubman and it didn't have the power that my clubman has.

Welcome to the club :)

Sue

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
In the western USA, outside of the cities, the freeways often have a 75 mph-120 km/h speed limit. I'm sure the clubman will be rolling right along today!!

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I pulled into the driveway at home around 7pm. :D I'll post the two days of pictures and some video as soon as I get them uploaded. :nice:

Julio, seems like there are always some GPs for sale here. ;) Mine was sold in November to a very nice fellow named Felipe.

Sue, thanks for the club(man) welcome! :)

Seth, you're right. I was doing 75 as read by the GPS all the way home, except for the blizzard part.

·
AprilWhine's Fuzzy One
1,553 Posts
Julio, If I win the lottery, I am going to buy a GP also! And an 02 Silk Green, and an 05 tintop and paint the roof Orange, and a 05 Cabrio with Daisy Wheels on it!:D:D

I suppose I should buy a ticket. ;) I want to keep all the MINIs, but as you said, lottery would have to be involved. :(

Congratulations Sherry!!! :)

I'm sad to know that you sold your GP. I had the wild dream that someday (if I won the lotto) I'd be able to buy it! :(

:yellow:

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here's the pictures from my second day on the road. I started in MN, on the border with SD, and ended in Denver CO.

The fuel pump picture was the first fillup. :nice: Also, it's the only time so far I had to by ethynol blend gas in the tank. Mileage was down about 10% for that tank.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Day three on the road started in Denver and ended at home in Vegas. I had to scrape snow off the clubbie before I could drive off, and at the top of the pass it was blizzard conditions. The summit was over 11,000 feet. :aargh:

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Final stats: I drove 1695 miles, the onboard computer said average mpg was 38.1. Calculated mpg was 35.5. I'm very happy with either total considering the driving conditions. :)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Congrats on a drive well done - and clearly what a difference the other side of the mountains make!

I think your Clubman looks great as is, but am I correct that it's soon going to match your signature?

Welcome home Sherry. :cool:

21 - 40 of 123 Posts