MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i finally moved into "awaiting transport" Woohoo! i saw somewhere a while back that you could find out what boat it was on, and check other stuff. anyone have some links for finding this stuff out? any other cool links to keep me occupied while i pass the time? thnx

·
Registered
43 Posts
As well

I feel you, I am in the same boat. Take a look at the following link its been of great help.
Last I checked the link was working and 6 ships are scheduled to leave on November
2, 6, 10, 13, 16, and 20 if I recall correctly.

Best of Luck,
:dsblack:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got me all excited, only to find you left off the link! Oh now that definitely is gonna make me stay up all night looking for links, hehe.

I found the WW website, but from what i have seen on other posts, you need the full vin #. I've only got the 7 digit production number. Do i need to get the full vin from my dealer or can i get it online?

·
Registered
80 Posts
VIN shows up in Owners lounge

Your VIN should be listed in the owner's lounge. I believe mine showed up when it was in production. Other than that, AskMini may be able to give it to you if you tell them the production number.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No tracking info available

"No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered "

Saw it somewhere that this might mean my baby is coming on another company's boat? If so, any way to track it through them?

This is fun...like a mini-search game to keep us occupied

·
Proud new owner
31 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Was waitlisted for the Freedom that left 10/24, but didn't make it. Then was waitlisted for the Liberty on 10/25. The next day, my VIN # disappeared and has been that way ever since. I'm hoping my car is on another boat on the way. I'll be calling my MA and askmini tomorrow to see if they know anything (but I'm not holding my breath lol).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine showed up at the WW site...had a status and everything. I checked a few days later and got the dreaded "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered "
message. It never showed up again. I just waited until my MINI arrived at the dealership. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't track it closer, but all is fine now that I'm motoring in the funnest car I've ever driven. WooHoo!

·
Proud new owner
31 Posts
Minimememe -

How did it take for your car to arrive at the dealership after your VIN disappeared? Just trying to determine a timeframe, although it's not a perfect science.

I'm still "lost" in the system. Nothing on WW site, askmini and MA doesn't know anything. The askmini rep told me that it would only be on a WW ship since it's going to Charleston and they only use WW for that port. Is that true? Oh well, the frustration continues.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
booked on liberty

Okay today i showed up as booked on the liberty. Hopefully it wont get pulled back off. Hey gatorette, hopefully you are on there too. Then they can keep eachother company!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts