MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of Awesome GTI in Warrington. I'm thinking of having a Milltek exhaust fitted but want to know if anyone has any feedback (positive or negative). I've had an exhaust fitted badly before so I'm a bit cautious.

Cheers

·
Deals Gap Junkie
411 Posts
The Milltek cat-back is SO easy to install, you can do it yourself with a few basic tools. As long as you have a jack and stands and a rachet and sockets, you can do it. :cool: The only adjustment on the system is how far you want the tips to stick out, pretty easy. It slides into the stock MINI hangers perfectly. :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ryephile said:
The Milltek cat-back is SO easy to install, you can do it yourself with a few basic tools. As long as you have a jack and stands and a rachet and sockets, you can do it. :cool: The only adjustment on the system is how far you want the tips to stick out, pretty easy. It slides into the stock MINI hangers perfectly. :D
Is this how you interpreted his question .... :p
I still don't really know what he is asking :confused:

Anyway, I installed the Miltek myself also. Hardest part is removing the stock exhaust.
I read in the instructions about expansion, but at first did not really understand just how much it does expand. I had to slide the pipe back about an inch after the first rid and seeing that the pipe expands about inch plus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry if I was confusing anyone. Awesome GTI is a garage/shop selling and fitting aftermarket performance parts. I wanted to know if they're any good at it!

I doubt you guys have been to Warrington, England (possibly not a regular stop off on the tourist trail) but your feedback on the exhaust is much appreciated anyway.

Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
I haven't any experience of their work on Mini's, but when I used to have a Golf GTI I used them for a couple of jobs and found them very good - certainly better than most in the motor trade. A lot of the people on www.uk-mkivs.net have used them extensively, and I've never read anything bad about them.

I would rather they do work on my car than most main dealers.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts