MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I won't turn my back against the MINI. I've a real good and 1,5 hour conversation with my dealer today. He was completely honest to me and admitted some faults occured on the MINI. Most have or will be solved from now on, and he will do his best in every possible situation to keep it that way. And the looks of the cars inside did the rest. I can't stop loving that car. Inside and outside. There's nothing like it to compare or compete. I must keep my faith and my nerves together.
IT WILL AND MUST BECOME MY CAR.

And from the Dutch spec the following:

Sport seats and SSP will be standard, it was a fault in the brochure.
For the rest:
Airconditioning (manual)
Height adjustable front seats
Heated mirrors
On board computer
ASC+T
Cloth/leather trim
Front fog lights
Interior light package
16 inch X-lite
Rev counter
Leather wheel and gearstick
Electric windows/mirrors

Good enough for me!:p

Final spec at the end of this month, dealer cars in may (Dark Silver and Electric Blue), customer built cars (like mine) in june. In between there will be a meeting for people on the waiting lists (maybe we can drive them too).

Glad to be back!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Welcome Back:D

Is all this standard then:

For the rest:
Airconditioning (manual)
Heated mirrors
On board computer
ASC+T
Cloth/leather trim
spotlights
Interior light package
16 inch X-lite
Rev counter

If so that is mighty impressive :p;Hopefully the UK spec won't be too dissimilar.

LMB:D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
OnlyS4me said:
I won't turn my back against the MINI. .....

Welcome back! See, you picked the right member name all along, didn't you? :rolleyes:

I could agree more with your last quote above. I've felt that way for more than 4 years now and it gets stronger all the time. I'm counting the days until a Cooper S is in my hands.
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
OnlyS4me said:
I won't turn my back against the MINI. I've a real good and 1,5 hour conversation with my dealer today. He was completely honest to me and admitted some faults occured on the MINI. Most have or will be solved from now on, and he will do his best in every possible situation to keep it that way. And the looks of the cars inside did the rest. I can't stop loving that car. Inside and outside. There's noting like it to compare or compete. I must keep my faith and my nerves together.

And from the Dutch spec the following:

For the rest:
Airconditioning (manual)
Heated mirrors
On board computer
ASC+T
Cloth/leather trim
spotlights
Interior light package
16 inch X-lite
Rev counter

Good enough for me!:p

Final spec at the end of this month, dealer cars in may (Dark Silver and Electric Blue), customer built cars (like mine) in june. In between there will be a meeting for people on the waiting lists (maybe we can drive them too).

Glad to be back!
Good on ya OnlyS4me;)

Dutch spec is much better now, isn't it - Looks same as Aus spec, so maybe this will be same for UK market. Hope so guys...:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Good News !!!

Thats good news from your dealer, and your encouragement gives us all hope for mid 2002 MINI Cooper S.

Welcome back from the brink, and thanks for sharing it with us.

;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
OnlyS4me stays OnlyS4him.........

OnlyS4me said:
Thank you guys, it was the only right thing to do.....:D
your welcome.......it brings tears to my eyes.

(and another opportunity to rate this thread with 5 stars)......

:D

bugger, no it doesnt......oh well

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a short notice: My dealer's own car is a first of in Holland, and it too had some tiny niggles like the flat battery (we all know that's been solved in the new CD boost radios) and some rattles from the backseat, but it has done more than 11.000 km and it still feels solid as a rock!:p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info OnlyS4me, thankgod the brochure was faulty....

Nobody could blame you that you're "back". I know exactly what you mean, when you look at the car and sit in it, it's just ahem love ;)

You wrote: Final specifications at the end of this month, will then also the final price of the S be announced...??

Roy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally Posted by FFOP
You wrote: Final specifications at the end of this month, will then also the final price of the S be announced...??
My dealer says the price will be released with the specs. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen. :confused:

Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well done

M,

Good to see you're back in business buddy !!!
I also went to a dealer this week, not the one in Waardenburg, but the one here in Amsterdam. He told me the same on the battery and was quite frank and open to me, eventhough I haven't spend that much time there. Also quite surpriced about how much I knew, well all credit to this forum...
He hadn't heard of the window-problem yet, but was immediately responding with: must be ECU/water problems. He had very little new to tell, but one thing struck me:
he's expecting no car delivery before SEPTEMBER. First models and pre-drive in June, no delivery... Seems Bert Story and Wiesmeier have to different views. All we can do is wait and see, but S it will be.

:cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
OnlyS4me said:
Thank you guys, it was the only right thing to do.....:D
Yeah baby! The "S" is for extra Soul!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can't say that my dealer was particularly forthcoming when I spoke to him on Friday (probably poorly informed), but the inclusion of aircon as standard on the UK spec car would impress me mightily (even more so if that means that automatic climate control comes cheaper).

Hang in there - they should have fixed all the known problems by the summer.

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Guess what? Today I got the official Cooper S brochure delivered by mail, so many thanks to BMW Smudde from Enschede!! It looks just stunning!! :D

BTW the official price is also set here in the Netherlands: it's about EUR 27.225. By the end of this month the rest of the details / prices for options, will become avialable. But when you want climate controll, radio CD boost, metallic paint and delivery cost, you can pay almost a stunning EUR 30.000 :confused:

Greetz Roy

·
Registered
448 Posts
In the UK, we're being told the base price of an S should be around 23,000 euros.

That's very unusual - a British-made car which costs more in the Netherlands than in Britain! Hang on a mo, I'll call the newspapers ...

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Viscount Charles said:
In the UK, we're being told the base price of an S should be around 23,000 euros.

That's very unusual - a British-made car which costs more in the Netherlands than in Britain! Hang on a mo, I'll call the newspapers ...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the standard specfication is different between NL and UK isn't it?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts