MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, back on here after quite a few years, had a 55 plate sc JCW before and just picked up a 57 plate gen 2 turbo Cooper S, got a few queries and wondered if you folks could point me in the right direction please..

The bonnet seems to get mega hot and the lacquer is damaged, from a bit of googling it seems a common issue but is there a workaround to prevent further damage?

Also the mini I have had non standard rims and fancy putting some standard but nice ones on, is there a marketplace still on here?

Cheers

· Registered
56 Posts
Hey folks, back on here after quite a few years, had a 55 plate sc JCW before and just picked up a 57 plate gen 2 turbo Cooper S, got a few queries and wondered if you folks could point me in the right direction please..

The bonnet seems to get mega hot and the lacquer is damaged, from a bit of googling it seems a common issue but is there a workaround to prevent further damage?

Also the mini I have had non standard rims and fancy putting some standard but nice ones on, is there a marketplace still on here?

Cheers
Whoever owned my MCS previously, has removed the false grille in the bonnet scoop. I have a large open gap that feeds air directly onto the turbo / top of the head. I haven't noticed the engine getting particularly dirty and even in furiously wet conditions I've never experienced electrical problems resulting from the aperture. As a result, the engine stays that much cooler.
In fact, looking at the underside of the bonnet the scoop doesn't appear to be the original and / or has been replaced or refitted in an amateurish way with bare torn metal on the flanges. But I knew that when I bought it for a decent discount. It doesn't even rattle, much :)

Hope you enjoy your second marriage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.