Now I am almost sure I want a Black one,

I cant decide on the roof....

What do you guys think?

Please, post pros and cons

HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
The good thing about getting a S is you can Spec a contrast roof-So I would go out of those choices for PS/B or CR/W. If you go for Chilli Red White sripes are a must aswell! :D

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
I personally love the contrasting roof as it’s a classic mini combination. The actual you go for, is very personal and you’ll get loads of differing opinions on here…

……………> as you can see I’ve got a B/W MCS and absolutely love it. :D

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
are you getting a sunroof? My first MINI was CR/W - classic combo ;) I loved the white roof, but the big black sunroof kind of bothered me (con). My current MINI is CR/B... thus, the sunroof just blends in (pro!). :)

Black w. white mirrors, roof, wheels & stripes looks amazing... but there's certainly something to be said for allllll black. Very hot combo ;) I'm useless - they're all beautiful! For me, it would come down to the sunroof decision.

·
Registered
700 Posts
When speccin' my '05 MCS, I decided to treat it like any other car and not to go with two colors. I ordered a black MINI with black interior (black roof), and it looks super.

I treated it as I would any other car, I don't normally like two-tone colored cars, on ANY car unless it's a '55 Chevrolet or something. However, the MINI IS a different car, and obviously, multiple color schemes, flag-emblazoned roof, etc., are extremely popular.

I can tell you that the solid black MINI is stunning, but then, I have zero objectivity on the subject.

Get whatever colors float your boat and ENJOY it! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Practicality of white.

Personally, I chose white simply on the basis that it would draw less heat from the sun. Of course I live in southern california, so the car will be hot on a hot day no matter what, but it'll be a bit cooler than the black roof mini, plus it looks great.

Of course the fact that you can roll down the windows and open the sun roof from 100 paces help the car cool off faster and makes more of a difference than roof color.

·
I love my MINI
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great help!

Hello all,

you are very helpful,

I am getting a sunroof, and I also live in a very hot place,
sometimes during summer.

I have also thinked in getting the white roof for heat reasons.

Is it really noticeable (is that the correct way to write it?) the heat
in the interior between a car with white or black roof?

Regards all,

Very nice cars!!

Looking forward for my mini!!!!

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
MC1 said:
good taste in car colours and teams I see!! I am Lower West ST holder at the Bridge. Good photos mate.
Cheers,
ST - shed lower with my son - only they :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: ed up this season -sold us the usual ST but removed my sons seat to make the gangway wider to what was the old galleria but did'nt tell the box office :rolleyes: so we are now in the shed upper for rest of season 3rd row from front to L of goal as you view it :cool: :D

Jon (mini_cabrio) is in west lower as well :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
gramirez said:
Hello all,

you are very helpful,

I am getting a sunroof, and I also live in a very hot place,
sometimes during summer.

I have also thinked in getting the white roof for heat reasons.

Is it really noticeable (is that the correct way to write it?) the heat
in the interior between a car with white or black roof?

Regards all,

Very nice cars!!

Looking forward for my mini!!!!
The sunroof is definitely a must but if you have a problem with the big black sunroof in the white roof then there are some places who do a white vinyl sticker for the sunroof which still lets you see the sun but colours the sunroof so that it blends in with the roof.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Roof Colour

gramirez said:
Hello All,

Help me decide,
I just looks I am getting my MCS real soon,
But I still can figure out the color.

I have passed from CR/W to PS/B, and from BEP/B to B/B

Now I am almost sure I want a Black one,

I cant decide on the roof....

What do you guys think?

Please, post pros and cons

HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP
Just saw a black S with a check roof ...it looks great :black:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.