MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The single backing lamp intrigues me. Two questions:
Are there in other cars that only have one backing lamp?
How much light does it shed compared to a car with dual lamps?

·
Registered
60 Posts
How much light does it shed compared to a car with dual lamps?
Half
;)

Sorry couldn't help it... Friday night, end of week, etc etc
:D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Most modern cars nowadays tend to have just one reverse light. IE. Ford Focus and KA. Personally I prefer an integrated design instead of the obvious add on ala MINI. The MX5 I believe is similar. Neat tail lights, but has add on fog and reverse ? Shame.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
My 2000MY had only 1 reversing light too :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Funny that :D :D :D :D

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
smartbomb said:
Most modern cars nowadays tend to have just one reverse light. IE. Ford Focus and KA. Personally I prefer an integrated design instead of the obvious add on ala MINI. The MX5 I believe is similar. Neat tail lights, but has add on fog and reverse ? Shame.
That may be the case in Europe, but it isn't in the U.S. and Canada. The vast majority of vehicles sold here have two reverse lights, usually integrated into the taillight clusters. That's what makes the MINI's reverse light look so odd to an American (and it was an American who posed the question!). I think the difference may be due to the whole "rear fog light" thing. Below is a pic of a U.S. spec Miata (MX-5), with a white reverse light on both sides...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The Ford Focus only has 1 reversing light over here :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to out of curiosity, I'd love to see a picture of the single backing lamp on in a low light situation. (this is the kind of thing I'm left to wonder about when I put my deposit down for my car in June 2001.)

Wa

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think two lights look better, stupid people might look at the light clusters for the reversing light instead of in the bumper, especially during the daytime!! unlikely i know but possible

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The reversing light is also low down on the MINI :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts