MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just learned that Dan McDonald died yesterday.
Services Sun. and Monday. I will post more when I can.:(

We are meeting 4/22 at 4 p.m.ish at McDonald's Restaurant on Rt. 101 in
Raymond, NH and will head over to 2 Epping Street, Raymond around 4:30 p.m.

·
#1 Stink Clown
1,747 Posts
This is just awful! Louis and I always looked for Dan in a crowd he always had a smile on his face and a hug for friends. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dan was the finest man I ever knew. I don't make that statement lightly. He was a great friend.

Services:
Brewitt Funeral Home Sunday April 22 from 4-7 p.m.
2 Epping Street
On the Common
Raymond, NH

Monday April 23 at 11 a.m. at the Raymond Methodist Church, 51 Main Street, Raymond, NH 603-895-2265

I'm sure we'll have a fine contingent of MINIs there to honor his memory.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a call from Spectrum where Dan worked. The first location in Exeter was wrong.
Sunday services are in Raymond, NH. Please see the change noted in the above post.

·
Can you calm-a-lama-down?
2,665 Posts
right-o, Steve.. I can't say for sure I can make it, but I am going to do all I can to get there. Dan was a great guy, I'm really gonna miss him. :(

Do you know if there's anything the family needs, etc?..

Here's a great funny moment we had one of the last times I saw him. It was on the way to "Berries and BBQ 2005". HJ and TL, Myself and Dan were in a small convoy on 101 and we just randomly got out on the side of the road and presented Dan with his beautiful date.. the always love ly "Lola" :biggrin: This picture just cracks me up every time I see it.. He was such a good sport and one of the kindest people I've ever met.

·
Pirates in my ear
6,671 Posts
I really can't take this anymore. Such tragic news. I am sorry to say that I'll be in DC during the services. Please pass my condolences along. He truly was one of the nicest people I've ever known. I will greatly miss his smile and his warm heart, but I can take comfort in knowing there are three great souls waiting to greet him.

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
Oh, no. I didn't know Dan well, but knew him from a few runs and followed him up Mt Washington on my first drive up. He was a lot of fun, and truly enthusiastic for Minis.

Hugs to all who knew him.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
So very sad.
Thank you Steve for starting the thread - and thank you Derek for posting a great picture.

Dan was another of our "magically friendly" MINI folks, and I'm very sorry to read the news.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts