MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just learned that Dan McDonald died yesterday.
Services Sun. and Monday. I will post more when I can.:(

We are meeting 4/22 at 4 p.m.ish at McDonald's Restaurant on Rt. 101 in
Raymond, NH and will head over to 2 Epping Street, Raymond around 4:30 p.m.

·
#1 Stink Clown
1,747 Posts
This is just awful! Louis and I always looked for Dan in a crowd he always had a smile on his face and a hug for friends. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dan was the finest man I ever knew. I don't make that statement lightly. He was a great friend.

Services:
Brewitt Funeral Home Sunday April 22 from 4-7 p.m.
2 Epping Street
On the Common
Raymond, NH

Monday April 23 at 11 a.m. at the Raymond Methodist Church, 51 Main Street, Raymond, NH 603-895-2265

I'm sure we'll have a fine contingent of MINIs there to honor his memory.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a call from Spectrum where Dan worked. The first location in Exeter was wrong.
Sunday services are in Raymond, NH. Please see the change noted in the above post.

·
Can you calm-a-lama-down?
2,665 Posts
right-o, Steve.. I can't say for sure I can make it, but I am going to do all I can to get there. Dan was a great guy, I'm really gonna miss him. :(

Do you know if there's anything the family needs, etc?..

Here's a great funny moment we had one of the last times I saw him. It was on the way to "Berries and BBQ 2005". HJ and TL, Myself and Dan were in a small convoy on 101 and we just randomly got out on the side of the road and presented Dan with his beautiful date.. the always love ly "Lola" :biggrin: This picture just cracks me up every time I see it.. He was such a good sport and one of the kindest people I've ever met.

·
Pirates in my ear
6,671 Posts
I really can't take this anymore. Such tragic news. I am sorry to say that I'll be in DC during the services. Please pass my condolences along. He truly was one of the nicest people I've ever known. I will greatly miss his smile and his warm heart, but I can take comfort in knowing there are three great souls waiting to greet him.

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
Oh, no. I didn't know Dan well, but knew him from a few runs and followed him up Mt Washington on my first drive up. He was a lot of fun, and truly enthusiastic for Minis.

Hugs to all who knew him.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
So very sad.
Thank you Steve for starting the thread - and thank you Derek for posting a great picture.

Dan was another of our "magically friendly" MINI folks, and I'm very sorry to read the news.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
43 Participants
m2smith
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing