MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
MINI Client Advisor
83 Posts
Oh yes, that was a great day. As I recall you had a totally unauthorized JCW flash you dirty rat! You did a big fly by on the straight level part of the Kanc.:p Did you stop for cider and donuts with us later?
... that was a great fly by, and yes I did stop for cider & donuts, never met a cider donut I didn't like :D

Took a nice moonlit drive afterwork down by Crane's beach, reflected on something alot of people if not something all of us can relate to was Dan's enthusiasm. I remember excitedly telling Dan about one of many great driving stories, and how his enthusiasm in listening was equal to my enthusiasm in telling it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Trajic news. Dan was the first person I met at MOT 03. I'll miss him. He was a true representative of what the Mini community is all about.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Oh I don't know about the mud, John. I think Dan really did enjoy the long slow muddy with a chance of getting stuck drive to his home. Let's see...he had two 4WD trucks with plows, 1 F250 4WD gas, one F250 4WD deisel; one awesome full sized road grader w/ blown engine but good engine on a stand in his basement, Two big dump trucks 2WD running status questionable, one 4x6 ATV with joy stick controls ala Banana Splits style, one 4x4 ATV....I have a feeling he tolerated the snow and mud quite well;)
When we were standing out in the flat spot behind his house near the fire pit and overlooking the stream I was saying this was the perfect spot for a guys-only camp out weekend at the newly named New England Home for Abused Men. We were making all the plans and Dan was standing there with that big amused grin of his saying "Sure sure" "Ok, yup, sure", "Anytime, anytime"....He tolerated us very well.

·
Resident Panpsychist
2,655 Posts
I am sorry to report that Carol and I will not be able to journey to NH on Sunday for the calling hours. Would it be too imposing if we asked one of you to sign the book for us? I hope this request isn't poor form.

Too many...too soon...

Theo :red:

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
I am sorry to report that Carol and I will not be able to journey to NH on Sunday for the calling hours. Would it be too imposing if we asked one of you to sign the book for us? I hope this request isn't poor form.

Too many...too soon...

Theo :red:
FYI Theo, the funeral home web site has an on line guest book. Check back at previous posts for link (from Ian I think)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Another Dan story: I don't remember which event it was, but we were all gathering in the MoP parking lot. After the drivers briefing, I got in my car waiting for the drive to begin. Suddenly I heard a woman's voice pleading, "Help me, help me..."

Then I saw red-faced Dan rushing to his car, to turn his alarm off...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Another Dan story: I don't remember which event it was, but we were all gathering in the MoP parking lot. After the drivers briefing, I got in my car waiting for the drive to begin. Suddenly I heard a woman's voice pleading, "Help me, help me..."

Then I saw red-faced Dan rushing to his car, to turn his alarm off...
Very nice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We are truly shocked that Dan has died suddenly. We remember him and his red Minis, especially the older model. He was one of a kind just like his Minis. He was very patient with my husband asking questions about his cherished Mini from the 70's (?) and let us look under the bonnet and the boot. There won't be another person like him!!! We hope he is enjoying wherever he is--driving through space at the speed of light in a cloaked Mini...

·
Play On!
1,023 Posts
I'm heading out on vacation Sunday afternoon, so can't make it to the wake.

Is anyone planning to meet up in the Nashua area earlier, perhaps to visit H&T in Merrimack before going to the funeral home in Raymond? Depending on the timing, I may be able to meet up to say "hi."

BTW, the town of Raymond was particularly hard hit by the heavy rains and floods this week. Many businesses have been crippled by the loss of power and continued loss of phone service (no orders for pizza, no credit/debit card processing, no lottery ticket sales, etc., etc.). If you're there and need gas, bring cash to be on the safe side. If you're there and feeling a bit hungry, do the local restaurants a favor and have a bite to eat in Raymond.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
How about meeting up at 4 p.m. at McDonald's Restaurant on Rt. 101 in Raymond, NH on Sunday?
It's about 1/2 mile from the funeral home. I don't know of any place else in Raymond where we could meet that will have a good size parking lot and bathrooms.
It might be nice to head over all together around 4:30 p.m. ?
Please chime in if you want to do the meet-up.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&q=mcdonald's&near=Raymond,+NH+03077&cid=43023618,-71198400,14764904648523632324&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=13&ll=43.053398,-71.19072&spn=0.05607,0.11673&iwloc=A&iwd=1&layer=t

·
Labrador retreived
689 Posts
I hope to make it ro Raymond Sunday afternoon. Pete when were you thinking about dropping by H+T's?

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
I'd be down for KC's afterwards. I'm hoping to leave Devens around 3 to meet in Raymond at 4; I also hope that won't irritate the organizers. If I miss y'all at Chez McKay, I'll just head straight to the funeral home. I hope Dan won't mind that I'll probably be smelly and perhaps a bit greasy, but I'll try not to offend his other admirers. I'll try to dab a little eau de Yokohama behind the ears just for him, tho.

·
#1 Stink Clown
1,747 Posts
Louis and I hope to get to the wake on Sunday. It would be a big day for us. We have an unveiling to go to on Long Island at 10:30am but we're going to try to make it. Would love to meet up for dinner (if it's O.K.)

61 - 80 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
43 Participants
m2smith
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing