MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I agree, John.
Looks like it will be a beautiful day weather wise today and Monday. I'm glad for that and know that good weather is something families hope for when they are burying a loved one.

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
Thank you Ian for the great summation and pics. I wore my black MOT Tee shirt as I felt it was appropriate.As I stood gazing at Dan there were hands on my shoulders from behind.It was Dan's mother who had seen the large cling logo on the back of my shirt and she bellowed out " The MINIs are here!" Hugs for all , tears by most.I know she was very grateful for our appearance.Later outside we were again approached by Dan's employer who regailed us with work related stories of Dan. A rare baker sighting even if he WAS driving a brandy new Honda Civic SI. Great food at KC's later and a rather somber ride home. Jock

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
to the best of my ability to remember, those in attendance:

Keith P from MOP
Tom from MOP
baker
M2 smith
Secco and Maureen
Rick and Laurie
Adam (antiquecarnut)
Derek (MMM!)
the Cod
Le Pew
Jock and Hannah holdenontoit :~)
Beth and Louis
Jared (Pezboy)
Brian (Blalor)
Ian
hope I didn't miss anyone else :redface:

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
a guy I'd never met before whose name escapes me, thin with beard, black MINI/white stripes???(anyone?)
Jared was his name. Seemed to know baker. I think that's everyone. It took us about three hours to get in and out of KC's but I enjoyed it. It was nice seeing everyone and I'm sure Dan appreciated the turn-out in his honor. I barely knew him, but it was impossible to miss his exuberance.

·
is the best approach
149 Posts
Damn!

More sad news. Wish I could have been there, but today this was part of my "just back from vacation catch-up" - again. Better stop leaving town, at this rate...

I've always introduced myself as "The Other Dan", and of course everyone knew exactly who I was talking about. Our little community has lost another one of its truest enthusiasts - Let's hope that a little of his spirit will stay with all of us.

·
Twi§ted Roads
7,956 Posts
Have to stand corrected...The woody may be up for sale. The family really needs some time to sort things out.

Good news is that Dan's family will be be bringing Dan's GOMINI to Mt. Washington and they'll all be there again.

It was a tearful service today, but in the end all of Dan's family was there for us in the same way he would have been.

·
Play On!
1,023 Posts
Thanks to everyone who could be there in person and to everyone who, like me, was there in spirit. Dan loved our community and we loved him.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
43 Participants
m2smith
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing