MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news is I've been made redundant again :( It was great while it lasted but suddenly the cosntruction programmes are hurting badly and we are seeing many contractors going to the wall. Very disappointed as it was a great job i was loving - I actually enjoyed going into work each day :eek:

Good news ........... I have mroe time now to help out with the Ball again :D :D

Please keep this confidentail in here for now ;)

<---------- brassed off but going to smile through it!

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
Oh no Bob! :( tough times at the moment but I'm sure something will come up pretty soon for you. *HUGS* from me

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Sorry to hear old man, will the pension help you get by now?

And I didn't realise that the construction industry used lego:confused:

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
chin up mate - the next one might be even better ;) The same thing worries me all the time - Bristol used to be the 2nd biggest print hub in the country but now theres just 2 big ish ones left - where I am and 1 other whos looking dodgy as hell :eek:

And if it helps I have a list of B&B's ready for Blackpool ;) :p :D:D:D

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all - sorted out a pay off today which is ok , especially given the short time I was there so it's not tesco value bread and beans just yet :D

Martin - the Lego division I worked for was signage, not the toys (we just still got staff discount ;) ) - big hospital/education PFI , government, hospitality and major corporate stuff and that has almost over night dried up. We have a lot of existing orders on books that will still deliver but the new intake is crap. Trouble is the MD is a sales and marketing person so teh knee jerk is to remove the back office staff and increase ales people - great but now who delivers what is on the books :rolleyes: I'm past arguing this type of issue so have taken the money and run :D

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
The door is open Bob - but be quick as I'm cutting the expense of running an office myself.

This time round is worse for me than 7 or 8 years ago. :(

Anyway - you've got all my details :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts