MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently the bank account is held with Nat West, and those nice people have now started to make a monthly charge for the pleasure of having the account.

Over the year its going to cost around £150 to just run the account and for me they dont really offer any extra services (only getting paper statements, no interest etc).

So far I have come accross an account with Lloyds TSB (pointed in the direct by Paul)

Community banking - Treasurer's account

This offers online statements and no charges, no interest either though.

Theres an RBS account which has no fee but does pay interest (not sure about online access).

RBS | Treasurer's Account | Clubs, societies and more

and theres a HBOS one too (no fee (I think), interest and online access)

Bank of Scotland - Treasurers Account

And an Alliance and Leicester one too (interest (looks like better rates too), no fee, online)

https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/content/SB010016.asp

This is just a start I will start to evaluate the accounts one by one to see which one suits best.

I know Natwest are not particularily helpful, to change the statement address they wanted all signatories and me to go into the branch where it was opened to change the address where the statements are sent, seems ridiculous.

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to get the account moved, to save the charges and also gain a bit of interest, plus online banking would make it easier to keep on top of rather than relying on Stephen having to forward the paper ones onto me.

I'll be around for a while yet :D ;)

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
Any that doesn't charge is a bonus. If we could have a savings account running alongside and be able to switch money across online and get a bit more interest, that would be even better :)

At work we have a treasurers account with HSBC. We don't get charged for anything - but I think that was a mistake by the person that opened it... we're keeping quiet :eek:

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any that doesn't charge is a bonus. If we could have a savings account running alongside and be able to switch money across online and get a bit more interest, that would be even better :)

At work we have a treasurers account with HSBC. We don't get charged for anything - but I think that was a mistake by the person that opened it... we're keeping quiet :eek:
I think most Treasurers accounts pay interest (some of the above do) not a huge amount, but every penny counts and all that.

Nat West seem to be about the worst. :rolleyes:

I'll look into HSBC and see what there is..

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
I read somewhere that the accounts which have no charges also pay the lowest rates of interest.

However, this is Andy's domain and as he's the FD I'm happy for him to pick the right one. :p

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read somewhere that the accounts which have no charges also pay the lowest rates of interest.

However, this is Andy's domain and as he's the FD I'm happy for him to pick the right one. :p
to be honest Sham at the moment we pay charges and get zero interest... no charges and some interest is a big improvment :D

Going to spend some time on it over the weekend and give an update monday...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts