MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had dealings with Bateman from Grange-over-Sands?

I have found them to be very good but anyone met their service manager?

What a nut!

He cant stand still, & speaks in the most peculiar garbled English I have ever heard. ( I dont think he is foreign)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Andy Moore? Yes I have had dealings with him - he's an all right bloke but comes across badly sometimes.

After a complete and utter farcical attempt on behalf of Bateman's to get my alloys replaced under warranty I no longer use them. They seem more interested in looking after their BMW customers. :(

I now use Woodmans in Blackpool who have now replaced the wheels TWICE to date! They also have supplied me with £1000's worth of accessories, so more fool Bateman's for showing no interest. :D

Are you local to the Grange area, its always good to meet new local members - I live in-between Kendal and Lancaster. :)

Regards,

James.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi James,

I live near Newby Bridge.

Sorry to hear about your alloy troubles - I have always had good service at Batemans, the service desk staff are very attentive. But Andy the manager is odd to the point of being weird!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had occasion to use Batemans at Easter -was on holiday in the Lakes- & I remember the bloke you mention. He seemed friendly enough, but had me & the wife in stitches, definately barking!

Also agree with the good service point, they sorted our problem (an alternator failure) very efficiently - much better than my home dealer.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The service is ok if they know what they are doing - they were very accommodating when a piece of chrome trim around the rear window flew off on the motorway - they had one in stock and fitted it there and then, they also fitted some mirror caps for me free of charge.

However, when you have a set of alloys which cost in excess of £1.5k new you expect them to do their best and seal a good outcome for the customer - at the end of the day its not them who are paying - its BMW and their warranty!!

They just were not interested, i.e they couldn't even be bothered to move the car off the forecourt to inspect the wheels. So as a result they have lost my business I am afraid. :(

Newby Bridge is a lovely area - perfect for next years Lakeland Tour - the best MINI event on the calender ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have been deeply scarred by your alloy experience!

But seriously, dont give up on Batemans, I have used many garages over the years & they are by far the best, plus the entertainment is great!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thing is though it's not just me who has had bad experience and its not just my alloys which have made me stop using them. A couple more examples include:

My brother needed a new spot lamp and lower grille after someone reversed into his car in Kirby Lonsdale. :(
So It went into Bateman's who fitted the lamp without the correct strengthening bracket, so it vibrated really badly and distorted the main beam. They also fitted a chrome lower grille, when the upper grille is black. Not very good service to be honest when you are paying expensive labour rates!

Another example of their poor attention to detail can be seen when they also failed to notice that the front suspension wishbones and steering column were completely knackered on my brothers car! A trip down to Derek Woodmans picked up the problems straight away when they took the car for a test drive prior to a service.... fortunately the work was carried out under warranty. :)

The service at Derek Woodman is far superior - and its only about a 20 minutes extra drive away compared to Bateman's. The ONLY thing I miss from Bateman was the fact that they allowed under 21's to have a courtesy car....

Regards,

James.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Interesting thread this ;)

Very interesting that we have a newbie, welcome to MINI2 Heidi :) Not often we get a newbie posting all in the same thread - why not take the time to explore the forum and get involved ;)

Interesting again, that there's another user venture in here Harrier, appears to be another newbie!! Wow, what luck, two newbies in the same thread!! :D Welcome Harrier!

Even more astonishing, that they're both posting from the same IP address, so would indicate they're both in the same location :eek:

You two might even be neighbours, and not know it yet :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts