MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... just after getting my Mini Cooper S I started a new job which means using train instead of car to get to work. And the Mini does not like being left for more than a couple of weeks before the battery goes flat as I discovered to my embarrassment when I called out Mini Care when my car was dead as a dodo after being left for four weeks and I had an important journey to make. So having hit the 'car dead - won't start' situation for the second time in 6 months (usually I make sure I get out on a trip at least once a week to keep it charged) I'm looking for a good unit that I can just charge up in the house and then use to charge up the Mini Cooper S battery.

The Mini-Care guy had a nice compact unit - like a little briefcase - that he just attached and whirred the car into life. Something similar would be nice and I'll be visiting local Halfords tomorrow but just wondered if anybody had any specific recommendations?

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
The Battery Tender has been around for a while and is more like what you need than just a charger.
Motorcycle guys have used them for years for winter storage.
They appear to be sold in Eu as well.
I think it's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why not use a solar trickle charger. Do you leave your car garaged? If so, put the solar charger on the garage roof or door and run the wire to the battery. If you leave your car outside, just put the charger in the car window and clip onto battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts