MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently took my r56 mini cooper for a MOT and service just before Christmas and have just realised the plastic battery cover is missing. Before I phone up the garage who either forgot to put it back on or stole it, I was wondering how important it is? Is it purely for aesthetics or does it actually serve a function? The independent mechanic I take my car to is usually pretty good and seems an honest bloke who owns the place but I'm fairly certain it was one of his workers and not him that worked on the car. If its not important I don't want the run the risk of souring the relationship if the plastic cover is only there to make things look pretty when you open the bonnet.

Thanks

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008)
58 Posts
These break easily, but will generally clip back even with knackered lugs & don't last forever, would simply put it down to age & quality (lack thereof) & dig one out from scrap merchants or ebay.

for the sake of your relationship with a garage you like, maybe ask if its kicking around & buy a replacement one regardless.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The battery cover is important to prevent water running down from w/screen and finding it's way into the cabin. New and second hand ones are expensive for what they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts