MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The battery in my cooper s was completely drained after the dodgy radiator fan failed to stop all night. Ive charged it for about 18 hours or so but is it likely to cause problems. would it be worth investing in a new one - The car is a 52 reg and hasnt has a new battery yet ? How much do they cost ? Any advice is welcome;)

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
If its any help car batteries seem to fail quite suddenly nowadays rather than tail off gradually as they used to. 5-7 years also seems to be when failures start to occur, so the choice is yours really, change early at your convenience or wait for a sudden failure............like I have had happen on several batteries normally on a cold wet day ! :)
Not keen on jump starting modern cars either as sometimes sensitive expensive electronic modules don't seem to like it.
Halfords own brand batteries came out well in some recent magazine tests and are warranted if you keep the receipt.

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
Mine went on my 53 plate MCS earlier this year, but my battery does have a hard life, as I only use the car at the weekend,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts