MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i am in need of some help my father recently changed the battery on his mini since this apprently there are no electrics the windows dont work the doors dont locks any thoughts

·
Registered
55 Posts
you have to get the battery re-coded to the car, the battery has an 'identity' and the ECU needs to be told it is a legitimate part.. joys of modern tech. You'll need to go to a Mini franchise Stealer I think - unless there are garages out there who can do this...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
hi guys i am in need of some help my father recently changed the battery on his mini since this apprently there are no electrics the windows dont work the doors dont locks any thoughts
most agarges have snap on diagnostics and will be able to recode a battery connection, or go on ebay buy autocom cdp plus for £35 and do it your self and save some money. link below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Bluetooth-TCS-CDP-Pro-Plus-for-autocom-OBD2-Diagnostic-Tool-8PCS-Car-Cable/352666089520?hash=item521c897830:g:ItoAAOSwq55c0VnY

also you must fit correct battery if on doubt ask the seller of batter to reg check it,

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you've got a gen 2 car or later don't forget these cars have brake energy regeneration and use an absorbent glass matt battery, so you can't swap out the original for other types of battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
freddie328
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing