MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I suppose I should reserve judgment until I've seen it, but if it's anything like the programme's usual content it will be biased, ill-informed and inaccurate.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
well that was a waste of time

nothing that we never knew about the electrics and whats all that about grass on the cat?!?!?!?!??!

no mention of the pulling to the left

good old watchdog ........

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Well there you go guys

All you members that have suffered the opening of the windows and the sunroof as well as being locked in or out go back to your dealer and they will exchange it for a new one.

One thing that puzzles me is the smoking grass,surely if it was stuck on the exhaust ie the cat which is underneath the car why did the smoke come from under the bonnet. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Watchdog - Utter Pants!

They had a lot of fun screaming around in a pair of MINI's for the cameras - shame they didn't spend as much time researching the story!

The woman with the ghosts in the electrics had a fair point, but the other with grass burning on her exhaust seems a complete red herring.

The UK press just love the opportunity to knock BMW if they can - all at our expense (if you own a MINI).

Bah-Humbug

·
Registered
44 Posts
Watchdog UK TV this evening

They tried to slag it off... but the MINI and BMW still I feel won the moral victory.

Fantastic car:p

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Hey, I've had more small niggles with my car than the woman with the electrical problems. I think I may go and talk to my dealer and see if I can get a new MINI Cooper also! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
What's this about smoking grass in the MINI:confused:

I know I'm in the North West, and in the midst of a campaign to legalise the stuff in the UK:cool: But surly we can't have people smoking pott in the MINI:D :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
What a great piece of TV journalism. Totally objective and featuring very dangerous and nasty problems.
I think the lady with the red Cooper was the one with the problem of smoking grass.....
Watchdog is such a pile of briefs, I mean if I e-mail them and tell them that a shirt I bought the other day had a slight crease in it, they'd turn it into a 10 minute soap opera....

·
Registered
448 Posts
"I don't like the burning smell - I'll have to sell the car!" - silly cow should cut the grass instead. Problem solved - another MINI adventure!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I think the well informed journalists forgot to mention that she lives in the middle of a field surrounded by other 'like minded' job-dodgers, trying to replace cars they perhaps wish they hadn't bought....!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
can i just add about the crappy micheal blow the bloody doors off gag
that just sooo never worked

even when he tried to explain it away at the end

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok everyone, lets face it we are bias. This is a MINI site and they tried to build a crass argument against a fantastic product.:p

It's an own goal Watchdog, but we do have to say what a load of Rubbish, shameful excuse for journalism.:eek:

Viscount Charles, love the line:D
Viscount Charles said:
"I don't like the burning smell - I'll have to sell the car!" - silly cow should cut the grass instead. Problem solved - another MINI adventure!
God you made me laugh, and just for that, I'll just say BRG, the only colour... but that's another thread.:cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts