MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MINI R52 (06) that needed a new BC1 - However upon swapping it was obvious the original BC1 had already been changed and the central locking had never been recoded - Since I don't have original key barcodes am I likely to be able to get the central locking working with the new BC1 by recoding ?

·
Registered
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58 FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
1,516 Posts
you can't choose which elements to code if doing it via normal diagnostics that I know of, so I doubt just the keys were left out, the locking possibly has its own issue? You need to recode it if swapped anyway really

·
Blast from the past !
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks - Checked everything else on the central locking - doesnt work from door / toggle switch (and obviously not remote as not coded) - Unless the remote receiver is used for the toggle switch ? as receiver only thing I haven't tried - Actuators / BC1 etc have been changed - New BC1 is working fine except for central locking hence my logic that old (believe replacement) BC1 was never had central locking coded -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts