MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i have a 2010 r56 coupe automatic base that ended up in a little bit of water and long story short my bcm is done for. car wont start, and im trying to find a second hand one on ebay, but my exact part number under the barcode is not available anywhere. there are multiple with similar part numbers, but i dont know if theyll work for my car. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
Hey guys, so i have a 2010 r56 coupe automatic base that ended up in a little bit of water and long story short my bcm is done for. car wont start, and im trying to find a second hand one on ebay, but my exact part number under the barcode is not available anywhere. there are multiple with similar part numbers, but i dont know if theyll work for my car. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
you cannot just fit any bcm, its coded to that car and also has a chip in it that once coded once can not be wrote to again , main dealers is only option ie new one and programmed to the car ,,, or you could buy a ecu and keys and cas unit kit and swap the lot over then your cars electronic will take over the bought ecu's identity , like link below just match up your engine type

1 - 2 of 2 Posts