MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA Puff The Magic Wagon!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took MINXD down the M11 yesterday afternoon.

Started coming up behind a Silver Cooper with Black roof. NP.

Once I was quite close, it speeded up and matched my speed. Again NP as I wasn't in a hurry, they weren't hindering me & it's nice to ride in convoy with another Mini (1, 2, 3 Ahhhhhh!!!!).

Eventually, the other car backed off a bit and I went into the o/side lane & overtook, giving the (v. pretty :D ) lady driver a wave, which I got back with a smile :D :D

I had to stay in the o/side lane to overtake a lorry too but whilst we'd been cruising along, another faster car had turned up in the o/side lane behind me. I looked in my rear-view mirror & saw in horror that the Mini was trying to change lane with the other car right beside it :eek: 6 inches away (& over the dotted line) she realised & swerved back into her lane. Phew!

I can only assume that she was, shall I say, excited about seeing another mini & our mini-convoy & getting a wave, that she forgot to pay attention to her surroundings and the other traffic.

Fortunately no harm done on this ocasion, but she'd've got a large fright & given the willies to her two passengers. So, moral of story is that although it's great to see other Minis out there, don't concentrate on them too much & forget the road/other users.

(PS If said lady reads this, drop me an email & we can meet up ;) :D )

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Re: Re: Be Friendly But Be Careful!!

zoooooom said:

I think the site you are looking for is DATELINE
:D :D
or maybe if you do manage to get together, you should change the title of this thread to "If you can't be good, be careful..".;);)

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!

Thread hi-jacked by muppets :rolleyes:

Isn't there a Muppet Forum on this bbs? ;)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi MINXD it was me, I'm glad you think I am soooooo hot.
I have attached a photo following yesterdays near miss.

Lets meet!?

:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
And to think certain people wanted to put a stop to this kind of behaviour. It's all in MINI context.

Fantastic stuff......

Oh, dear. I had said "no comment"..... oops.

·
Registered
60 Posts
And to think certain people wanted to put a stop to this kind of behaviour. It's all in MINI context.
Oh dear, have I done something that will be frowned upon?
Only just getting into the swing of this forum, and am I already creating enemies?

It's just my twisted sense of humour, but if that's a crime.... guilty as charged M'Lord.
:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Don't Stop - It's OK !!!!

Hanny said:

Oh dear, have I done something that will be frowned upon?
Only just getting into the swing of this forum, and am I already creating enemies?

It's just my twisted sense of humour, but if that's a crime.... guilty as charged M'Lord.
:)

NO NO NO......... Keep up the good work. We are ALL friends here
:D :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
almost made up . . .

MINXD said:
Took MINXD down the M11 yesterday afternoon . . . . another faster car had turned up in the o/side lane behind me . . . .
I think I was that faster car . . . thanks for eventually moving over.

And by the way, I don`t think said lady was even aware of you or your MINI because she appeared to be busy applying her make-up when I stormed past.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One Born A Day

Jakx

& you'd like to tell me the reg (prefix/suffix will do)/make/model/colour of that car you were driving? :rolleyes:

I don't believe that if it had been you, that you'd have had any trouble with my road ettiquette & certainly the "faster" car in this instance hadn't. However, the "faster" car was both a lot lot faster coming up behind us & aggressive in its positioning, so a nice advertisement for his character :(

:p

·
Registered
632 Posts
made up . . .

MINXD said:
. . . . a lot lot faster coming up behind us & aggressive in its positioning, so a nice advertisement for his character
Sorry MINXD, you`ve taken it seriously (couldn`t have been me) I was just joking you know.

;) ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts