MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you driving until your MINI arrives?

I've got an Audi 4000 Quattro with 180 million miles on it with warped brake rotors and I don't care! I'm not spending any money until my Cooper S arrives! Anyone else shoe-stringing a car until the MINI arrives?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a '92 Miata right now and even though it's not a beater, it's got 113k on it. I love it dearly and am saddened at the thought of getting rid of it. Yet having a Mini would cheer me up. I think. I know there are others out there who have Miatas. I'll miss the wind in my hair.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't miss a ting, but that's me :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I am driving a Volvo 440 turbo at the minute, which is a lovely car:rolleyes: It has a 100,000+ miles on it but I will probably keep it when I get my Cooper, have it as a back up;)

LMB:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got two "Classic" Mini Cooper, a 1997 Tahiti-Blue one with sports-pack, 27.000 KM and a 1999 Anthracite with 11.000 KM. I will drive the New S (EB & black roof) in the winter-months and the Classics in the rest of the year.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Beaters, I got yer beaters!

1993 Plymouth Acclaim with a water pump about to give up any minute - 105,000 mi. Rusted and dented.

1992 Chevrolet Suburban, Runs good but back door held closed with a piece of wood. Doesn't look too bad. 185,000 miles.

Wife has a 1998 VW Cabrio Black w/black leather. 40,000mi.

I get a Cooper S in the Spring.

I RULE! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's not exactly a beater, but I drive a 1995 BMW 318ti Sport, which has 220,000 kms (137,000 miles).

This is what lead me here. I was yearning for the new BMW Compact, but this car will not reach our shores. The Mini is clearly the next logical choice in a (affordable) fun set of wheels. Frankly, the more I see, the better I think I will enjoy the Mini anyhow.

As for the ti--it will be relegated to full-time track car. The car has undergone many track-specific modifications over the last 6.5 years (suspension, brakes, roll cage, etc.) and is currently undergoing a drivetrain transplant (first generation E30 M3 engine, transmission, rear-end).

The BMW handles better than anything you could imagine, but is a bit punishing to use everyday, nor is it really that practical considering much of the interior is now bare metal, so the Cooper S will become my daily driver and autocross/solo-II car and the BMW will become my track/solo-I car.

Maybe I might treat myself once or twice and try the Cooper S on the track too ;)

Shawn

·
Registered
343 Posts
D reg (1987) Gold ! Mazda 323 with 100K miles. Great car, apart from the brake failure on the M25 last weekend.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Suburban?! A 323?! Acclaim?! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I love Beaters! :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
I am nursing my 1986 Integra with 186,000 miles. It's in pretty good shape but has lost much of it's edge. It has the original (non-working) tape player and the A/C doesn't work. But it's fairly reliable and economical. Can't wait to have the Cooper as my daily driver!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager Van (130,000) - daily driver
1986 4x4 Isuzu Pickup (122,000) when it snows
1974 MG Midget (53,000) when it doesn't snow!!

The Isuzu will be history when MINI arrives - no room in the garage!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts