MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the MCS yesterday - straight down to the pram shop to sort out travel options for new bubba arriving in March! Tried the Loola system which fits in the boot. Has anyone else got this model or know anything about it?

Cheers.

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
I saw it being deomnstrated at the baby show earlier this year.

I looks very good and we would consider it for our March arival, but not to sure if it fits in the cabrio!

I liked all the diferent attachments and it seemed very easy to fold.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I've seen it being designed and manufactured, still not 100% on it, seems an awful lot of things that could go wrong, mainly the tubing the way it runs against itself, if this is slightly out or gets twisted with use or blocked thats it the chassis is scrap.

It just worries me a bit, from a design perspective, might be worth getting a product that has been on the market a bit longer, rather than such a new item IMO:)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I love the new Quinny products the Zapp or Buzz, know that Paul has a Zapp and waiting here how he is getting on with it, but again a new product, but feels and looks a whole lot more solid than the loola. Not sure if the Buzz fits in a MINI but worth trying it;)

Paul also has an Aria, not my favourite product, but he loves it, and it fits in the boot of the cab.

Best advice I would give is to go to a retailer and have a play with them, folding and pushing, don't just watch a demo, you want to get hands on and see how you both deal with using it;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
More loola feedback?

Hi there,

My firstboorn is due just before Christmas, and we're pretty close to deciding on the loola pushchair and full travel system. I was wondering whether any Loola owners have any more feedback on it before we take the plunge, plarticularly on the Windoo push chair, and bebe comfort care seat.

Unfortunantely we live hundreads of miles away from our parents, so for long journeys we'd be looking to secure the windoo carry cot in the back seat instead of the car seat. - Has anyone done this successfully in a mini? Are there any other travel systems where the cot can be secured in the back that will fit into a mini?

We'll be going to the shop on Saturday to check if the car seat and carry cot actually fit, but if anyone can share their experiences it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
their carrycot still has fittings for in the car??:eek:

would always recommend using a specifically designed child seat, never a carry cot. Picture an egg in a carry cot, and an egg in a egg box, the egg in the box is in something that is designed to carry it protected and secure, a carry cot is designed for baby's to sleep lieflat over night it, not to carry eggs or babies in the car;)

If you don't believe me, try and get hold of the Which report that then lead to most manufacturers taking the car seat fitting operation of carry cots off the market;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is does have the fittings. And I can see your point, but it must have passed the safety tests to be on the market? We'd use the car seat wherever possible, but for when we need to travel 270 miles to Brighton the carry cot seemed sensible, mainly because the journey time would be too long without the baby lying flat. but also so we would actually have enough space to take the cot with us so the baby would have something to sleep in overnight.

Does anyone here actually use it or is there a consensus that its a bad idea??

This is the blurb:

The Windoo is the only carrycot specifically designed to transport your baby in the lie-flat position safely in the car, as a pram or as a cot - meaning that there is minimal interruption to precious sleep.
For use as a lie-flat car seat it is easy to fix in the middle of the back seat of your car using the existing seat belt and the safety kit (included), but for optimum safety, please ensure that the Windoo is positioned so that your baby's head is in the centre of the car rather than close to either side door.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I know it passes the standards, but the best way, and only way I would ever take a child in a car is in a specific car seat.

I see you are a concerned parent, as not all would even worry about the time issue, it is only recommended that a child stays in a car seat for 2 hours at a time, and it might be a bit cruel to stop and wake them every few hours, but they might not wake everytime you take them out for a bit of break:)

I have been looking at similar products today from Jane, so there are still a few more than I realised that still go for the baby in a lieflat position in the car, but I would still stay clear and use a car seat, as it is specifically designed for this job, and not to click on a pushchair as most new parents seem to think and use them mainly:(

Oh and I would go for a major company too, someone that you know you can rely on for high testing and latest innovations, such as Maxi-Cosi, Britax, or the one that I am biased towards, Silver Cross;):p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
clewsr said:
Thanks for the response. I'll have a think. I think We may have considered considered Silver Cross, - do any of their push chairs fit in a mini boot?
the compact fits in a tin top boot, but to be honest, it doesn't offer the reversible seat that the Loola does, and I would maybe even say the Loola stroller is more padded.

Its not an easy task choosing, its almost as hard a buying a car:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.