MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proud Owner of YODA
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in sunny ( :rolleyes: ) Sacramento, California the temperature is dropping to about 30-40 degrees in the morning and staying at around 40-50 degrees during the day. When I woke up yesterday, it was 33 degrees and my temp gauge started to beep and blink. It did it again today at 37 degrees. What is this? What really confuses me is that they blinked at different temperatures. :confused:

thanks
:green:

·
Mr Buttons!
837 Posts
It should only beep at 32 degrees, freezing. If the temp. is below 32 when you start the car, it won't beep. It's just beeping to let you know how cold the temp. is outside.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It should beep at 3 degrees above freezing.. celsius that is..

·
Mr Buttons!
837 Posts
Scratch what Isaid earlier. It beeped today, and here's what I think: It beeps if the temp is less than 37 degrees, if it is below when the car is started, it will still beep. My M3 does the same thing. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine does when it *crosses* below 37 degrees F.

Actually, mine beeps as soon as it crosses below 37 degrees F. This whole week, as I'm driving to work, it's about 40 degrees near my house. When I pull out onto the highway, the temp drops below 37, and then I hear two chimes and and the tach display switches to show the temperature briefly, then resumes showing me the speed. First time I heard that I thought it was alerting me to something else, like a tire pressure issue or something!

I don't know if it will do this repeatedly; there is only the one spot where it dips below 37. After that, it's warmer when the sun comes out.

·
Proud Owner of YODA
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I know what you mean. the first time I heard it I thought I had accidentally activated my heat seeking missiles or my oil slick.

another thing, how accurate is the gauge? sometimes I just won't accept that it is 33 degrees outside :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hate that feature

At this time of year, it is always below 37.

I HATE when it beeps in the middle of a drive...I have a nanosecond of panic before I realize it's only the temp beeping at me.

Honestly, if you need your car to tell you it's cold outside and there might be ice on the road, you shouldn't be driving.

I wonder if that beeping can be disabled??

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
MadisonMini said:
At this time of year, it is always below 37.

I HATE when it beeps in the middle of a drive...I have a nanosecond of panic before I realize it's only the temp beeping at me.

Honestly, if you need your car to tell you it's cold outside and there might be ice on the road, you shouldn't be driving.

I wonder if that beeping can be disabled??

probably... almost everything can be... lol..

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Hahaha yup I can confirm it beeps at 37... Inside my garage its about 50 and then when I drive out I watch the temp drop and once it hits 37F it beeps and blinks... And if you toggle the temp to other stufff and back to temp it'll beep at you again... I did that a few times just to listen to it talk to me LOL :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts