MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't got a mini yet. I have my fingers crossed that in March I will be getting a brand new Mini Cooper S with the Chilli pack.

But a lot of people I have asked say that there's a lot of electrical and power steering faults with mini's.

I have done a little search on here but couldn't find anything that stood out apart from the boot problem. So is it true that there's a lot of gremlins within the electrical system of the mini's?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If your buying new then you'll be fine,

Warrenty will cover any problems !

GOOD LUCK WITH THE S .....I LOVE MINE

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
My Cooper D had a problem with the Stop/Start system, which ultimatly led to me getting rid of the car through lack of trust. It was fixed by the dealer under warrenty however.

Now ive got a Cooper S (2.5 weeks old :D) and couldnt be happier with it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had my mini for going on 4 years now and zero problems. The reason you mostly read about the problems is that most of the folks who own a mini and have no problems don't post. So you see a skewed view of how the minis behave.

Imagine that you're standing (or sitting) in a crowd of 100,000 very quiet people who are wearing the same brand/model of shoes and one person complains very loudly about their shoes. Are we to assume that most everyones shoes have the same problem as the one complainer (even if it is a legit problem).

Therein lies the problem of internet feedback. *shrug*

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had my mini for going on 4 years now and zero problems. The reason you mostly read about the problems is that most of the folks who own a mini and have no problems don't post. So you see a skewed view of how the minis behave.

Imagine that you're standing (or sitting) in a crowd of 100,000 very quiet people who are wearing the same brand/model of shoes and one person complains very loudly about their shoes. Are we to assume that most everyones shoes have the same problem as the one complainer (even if it is a legit problem).

Therein lies the problem of internet feedback. *shrug*
hmm I see your point lol

·
vroom, vroom!
385 Posts
I have a new Cooper (not an S, reasons are posted above why) , 2 weeks into owning it and I love it. Dashboard rattle and thats it. I much prefer it to my 06 cooper (which had a JCW sound kit on it).:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts