MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for 12 months, I finally got a production number this weekend (YAY!). I have all my specs down but can't decide on a color. So now I have to choose a color (Boo!) and get used to the idea of an additional car payment (gulp).

The PW is classic and, to quote a Mini2 member, a grown up MINI. So how would a BEP MINI owner describe their Cooper? And I've seen the pics of BEP but am undecided because the color in some pics is deep and dark (awesome) and in some pics the color looks like...spilt wine or light purple. My dealer will not get paint chips in time to help me decide.

Help. What is BEP's predominant color characteristic? Deep, dark violet or light purple?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was unsure about getting either BEP or HB for my S but went for HB in the end. I have since seen a couple of BEP's at the showroom and am very glad I went with HB.

Purple is one of my favorite colours but BEP in the flesh was a big dissapointment for me.

Also not one of the pics that I have seen on here shows the "REAL" colour properly.
I would advise trying to see one for real before deciding. It would be a shame if you did not like it when it arrived.

Appza

·
miniminymoe
213 Posts
I think PW/B is the classiest color combo you can get, but I guess that's my opinon 'cause that's what I ordered. You really have to see them for yourself and see which color "talks to you". :cool:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Cooper Pepper White
Cordoba Beige Leather
roof and mirror caps in black
Cold weather pkg
Sport package
premium package
anthracite int.
auto.
sport susp. +
Univ. Garage door open.
chrome bumper inserts
rain sensor and auto dimming mirror
anthracite headliner
park distance cont.
xenon
harmon-kardon

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I would say not BEP, as I as a bloke dont really fancy driving a purple car. Hyper blue looks well nice, if your buying new

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
hyper blue is S only though so if its a cooper thats not an option.

i havent started speccing or thinking about ordering yet but my colour dilema will be exactly the same - BEP or PW. i reckon BEP is a 'grown up' colour as well as PW but i think its one of those you definately need to see for real. at the mo i reckon it'll be PW that wins the day. i had a similar problem last time with red or BRG, in the end i decided to spend the £250 metallic would have cost & spent it elsewhere & went with CR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hyper blue will be available after 1/05 for the Cooper though--so if you can wait until then, you can still go that route.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I love the PW -- enhances the "retro" look of the MINI. BEP, in contrast, would be more of a "modern" look...

Both colors, by the way, tend to evoke a "love it or hate it" view. Some think PW is too boring. Others think it is elegant and classy. Some think BEP is too "in your face" or something; others think it is a cool color.

I didn't have this choice to make, but I'm very happy with my choice of PW -- esp. for my S, since it's more unique for an S.

Good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
My Purple Haze MC/S is being made right now, and should be shipped out in time for September motoring. I thought about PW, but hey, you only live once. I tempered mine with white roof, mirrors, stripes and wheels, so it should not be too overpowering. As I see it, people in Minis should not try to blend in, its just not possible.

Oh, by the way, I ordered the black/red seats. I figure I won't have to worry about mistaking my car for someone else's. Isn't that the whole point of owning a Mini?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Speaking from experience...

I have a PW/B and really like the way it looks, however there are times when I wish I would have gone for a different option. It is classy - and classic - looking and it tends to make the car draw less attention to itself. It is kinda boring, though, BEP would be more fun to look at.

More than anything, I think it comes down to how much you want your car to stand out.

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Pepper white and black is a timeless combo, another nod to the classic mini. I don't think you can go wrong with it. BEP is a great colour but the retro appeal of PW/B just looks so cool....... :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, roughly there are 6 PW to 3 BEP and 2 for HB. I was thinking that PW is definitely a safer choice and very classy but I am afraid I might get bored with it plus it is not a rare color around my neck of the woods.

On the other hand, I was thinking, 2005 Cooper, first year with Getrag, BEP, facelift, etc. Also that the BEP has a little more flash, but I have not liked any purple cars I have seen lately...and it scares me when I read the posts and people describe BEP as the Cadbury wrapper purple (eek!). The VW bug has a fantastic dark violet metallic that is gorgeous. Any chance BEP is like that in real life?

My husband says that I am sending him around the bend. He's begging you guys to help me decide because he says my concentration lately is as worthless as two teats on a bull:)

JoeDentist, dude, you're car color combos are ultra neon. I'll be able to see you all the way from Washington state!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a 2005 BEP Cooper, so I am biased ;) , the reason that people find it hard to describe BEP/PH is that it looks different nearly every time you look at it ( sometimes it looks both blue and purple. On a dull day it looks more like indi blue, but when the sun shines a slight purple hint comes out. You could say it is a sort of flip colour ( but £3250 cheaper :) ). It looks most purple when the sun is getting low in the sky, I guess something to do with the angle of light..anyway I love it, it's like having a new car every day. :cool: If you want any pics let me know ( there are a couple in my gallery).

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i'm looking forward to seeing a BEP for real at a run so i can make up my mind about it. not entirely sure about hpyer blue - nice colour but a bit too much like every other peugeot & renault on the road

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Pepper White for me...

I'd go for Pepper White. I like blue cars, I love my Indi Blue (although it was Abi's idea to get blue and not red in the first place!), but BEP/Purple Haze is too purple for me, quite effeminate in comparison to Indi Blue, or even Pepper White. In my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hi,

I have seen both PW and BEP in the flesh at my garage. I was all for Pepper White on my Cooper until I say the chrome against it. I thought it looked better with a black or same colour grille (but was not so sure with chrome). The BEP looked very like indi blue to me so much that I could hardly tell the difference. I would suggest getting a look at a PW in flesh as these are around to see whether you like it and then go from there.

Note I couldn't get to see a BEP before I committed so I played safe. If I didn't like my EB so much I would have gone BEP on my cooper.

Hope this helps but it shows you really need to try and see them as it's very personal!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
25 Participants
spf
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing