MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehehe...

"I think we need to join a video store," says I.

"OK," replies wife. "The one around the corner?"

"Erm, well, I'd much prefer Blockbuster, you know, for the extra choice...and erm, the better popcorn."

"Yeh, but it's miles away," says wife.

"But think of the popcorn..."

Movies sure are fun, especially when it involves a 12 mile cross country blast in a MCS. Won't be long before I'm a real movie buff I reckon!

What's your best excuse for a regular blast?

·
Nichola
121 Posts
Need to get something out from the garage... oh that means i need to move car...... oh well while its out i might as well take it for a spin... i mean its bad just starting car up and not driving far, waste battery lol :D

Nichola

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
CmdrVimes said:
"I'm awake"
Does it for me. My wife has given up asking :rolleyes: :D

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
Needed to get into the attic...

so I was asked by my dear husband to back the MINI up a couple of feet so he could lower the stairs. I didn't want to inconvenience him in any way, so I took my baby out for a 30-minute ride... just to give him plenty of space in the garage, of course... :D

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I used to have to justify it in some way or other. Like - "oh dear, all the shops within a 100km radius looked like they were out of milk and bread when I drove past, I had to keep driving until I found one"

Now, it is my husband driving 100kms for milk and when I tell him I am going for a spin he decides to come with me. Which I guess is nice but at the risk of sounding like a selfish **** sometimes I wanna be alone with my car to which he answers "you get to drive it alone to work every day". Thats not enough though.

Which is why it looks like my car will do 50,000kms in its first year.

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies folks.

I'd have replied sooner but you know what, I just couldn't find that video store.......

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Help!

I'm at home doing office paperwork today.

I really must keep going (so what am I doing here on MINI2?).

I really want to go for a blast in the MINI, but I can't think of a good excuse. Can anyone help me out here?

I thinking I'm getting the shakes.

Tigger.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Tigger said:
I'm at home doing office paperwork today.

I really must keep going (so what am I doing here on MINI2?).

I really want to go for a blast in the MINI, but I can't think of a good excuse. Can anyone help me out here?

I thinking I'm getting the shakes.

Tigger.
maybe your pen is running out of ink or you need a new ink cartridge for your printer :p

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
485 Posts
before my mrs got her new mini i used to take the scenic route to her house...about 20mins of scenery that is ....the funny thing is i cud see her house from my house and wud normally take 2 mins :D

·
Range Rover SDV8!
5,172 Posts
TonyM said:
maybe your pen is running out of ink or you need a new ink cartridge for your printer :p
Thanks for those. The problem is I've got lots of ink in several pens and I'm due to collect two new ink cartridges from the head office when I go there tomorrow (in a Volvo - boo!)

Oh, I've got plenty of paper and staples as well.

Please keep the suggestions coming...

Tigger.

PS We've got a MINI Cornwall run starting from Okehampton at noon on Sunday the 2nd. 12 Cars, so far.

You busy?

·
Range Rover SDV8!
5,172 Posts
Chill

Chill said:
If i need an excuse then i'm just testing the quality of the petrol :)
Good grief ! I'd never thought of that !!

I haven't "tested the quality of the petrol" in all the time that I've had my Cooper. What sort of risks have I taken :eek:

Looks like I may have to "test the quality of the petrol" most days then :D

Well, it's better to be safe than sorry :rolleyes:

Tigger.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.