MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Themikanic
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I'm having lots of fun in my MCSC, though I train it to work in the City (Melbourne) from Ballan, 80 KM. I would like to know the best fuel economy for a Cooper S. At present I'm averaging 7.4 Litres per 100KM on Optimax & having a fun drive on weekends at the same time. BTW after "clickoff" at the Servo, is about 2 litres all we can get into the tank?
Michael.... :ebblack:

PS JCW kit in Jan '05.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
that's extremely good..... according to my lease reports I've averaged 9.98 L/100kms since I got the car 21000kms ago, and most of my driving is fairly sedate on the way to and from work

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I have seen 7.4 on the run to Mt Gambier and back... once I put the CAI, it went up to 8,4 straight away!!

So its off now and before the stack, it was averaging 8.0 ltr/100km

Great to see you are enjoying the car after the initial dramas:)

See you for a fun run down the GOR in Late Jan:cool:

Todd

·
Registered
799 Posts
how about the worst figure, Richmond and Inner City, CBD 85% of the time, 3rd gear.........12.7lt/100km...and that's an average per tankful....it gets worse when I'm in a bad mood....

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I could imagine that it could creep up:D

I went 4 months on 10.3l/110km LOL

It went +/- 0.1 only!!

Todd

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
a week or 2 after i got the AmD pulley and ecu i had 2 make a trip down just past Nowra, i cant remember how many k's now a bit over 200km.. and cause i was bored and had nothing better to do i thought for fun i'd see the best fuel economy i could get.. i wasnt in any rush so head off in the very early morning, no traffic, really cold, no aircon, sticking strictly to the speed limit (that was really hard) in top gear almost drifting along the whole way. I managed to get there on 1/4 of a tank

generally i find with the pulley and ecu i can get better fuel economy if i take it real easy.. give it a bit of stick and its a travesty but i meh i dont much care :)

oh and PS.. it used half a tank on the way back :)

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

For my 2 minis,

Sparky, my daily driver has done 17500km. I have never reset the fuel economy guage, and the lifetime economy is 8.2l /100km. I think that is a little optimistic ;) By, the way, I do a reasonable amount of freeway driving. However, there has been some hard driving eg Tasminia, East Coast Rally recce etc ;)

Maddie, the racecar ;) has done 33000km. The fuel economy guage has been reset several times, but over the last 2000kms she has averaged 16.7l/100km :eek: I think that proves Tim's theory that the engine runs extremely rich at high revs ;) Many of those 16.7l have probably been thrown out the engine unburnt ;)

For anyone who has GT4 prologue, this talk of fuel economy reminds me of the stage where you have to drive the prius fast enought to make the target time, but still keep fuel economy below the target time, not that easy :D

Cheers

Robbo

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mine has shocked me so far with the great results. Picked up in Brissie and drove back to Wollongong and used 6.3lt/100. have since done a fair bit of around town stuff and a few trips up and down the coast from Batemans Bay to Wollongong the overall reading is sitting on 7.4lt/100 and my best run was the bay to the Gong using BP premium (not ultimate) and got 6.1/100.

Very happy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fuel Consumptions

Well, the worst consumption I ever got is easy. It was 20l/100km in a JCWS on a BMW Test drive day. Not bad for public roads following and sticking with a 645. AWESOME!

The best I ever had in my Cooper was 5.7 at a club economy run last year.

This year a MCS claimed 4.7 , but we all know there must have been some mistake. I took a friends 320d this year and won with a overall consumption of 4.0 averaging over 80km/h.

I haven't got below 9.0 with my S, but don't really intend trying to either. It would be a waste.

James

PS I had a 1600 POLO recently and got 7.0 (very good) overall, where I would usually get 9.5 in my Cooper, but it isn't half as much fun to drive!

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
wow and here i think i still ahve some real bad mileage... my best was when the car was stock.. i did about 750km on a single tank, which goes to about 6L/100km, that was just after the break in period and i was takin it easy all the way down..

until now... my best i've gotten recently was 10l/100km, but i've seen it as bad as 12l/100km

i do alot of city but generally i hover around 11 if i do a 70% city 30% highway

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was doing reasonably well with mid 8's for city driving and low 7's for highway driving (above 110kms/hr in NT). Since the baby has come along and we leave the engine running while getting her out of the car, the reading is now high 9's. It's way too hot up here to turn the engine off before getting her out.

Dutchy.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
KGB said:
how about the worst figure, Richmond and Inner City, CBD 85% of the time, 3rd gear.........12.7lt/100km...and that's an average per tankful....it gets worse when I'm in a bad mood....
Let's see...

Richmond to the City and back.. 4km at 12.7 lt/100km - that's .5 lt for your daily commute. How can that get much worse? :D

Just playing with you Mark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts