MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still classed as a young driver as i'm under 25 and haven't driven in about 4 years so don't have any no claims discount.

I've tried all the big players and confused.com and the cheapest I've found for a cooper chili is with direct line for just over £1200. Anyone know of anywhere better? I have had quotes ranging from 1200 - 4000 so the 1200 might be the best i can get, suppose its not that bad considering my circumstances.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Have you tried adding a second driver who is older and more experienced than you?

I've seen this knock 30% off. Did with elephant anyway. I guess the theory goes that the insurance risk to the car is lower if a driver of 20 years experience is driving and you're not.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Quinn direct are usually pretty good

·
Registered
51 Posts
adrian flaux seem to be the best for aged 19-30.
and try what scraggles said and add an older driver, i saved around £200 by doing this.

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
i echo comments about adrian flux, i got great prices from them when i was under 25 and they are nice people to deal with. And if your parents haven't any claims, add one as a named driver (usually mum works best) - putting my mum on mine saved me £200 roughly when i was 25.

·
SCNM Oldie!
27 Posts
Im 19 with a r56 cooper s and am with bell.co.uk and with 2 added named drivers my insurance is £1350. I have been driving 2.5 years with 1 years no claims. I would recommend trying bell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was trying to get insurance on my money supermarket and confused.com and everything else and it was coming in at £1,700 / £2,000 at the cheapest.

I have bought the car but its in my dads name and he lets me use his NCD.

I'm 21 and have 3 points for going through an amber light at 15 MPH!

Anyway after searching and losing hope i found tesco's to be £650 my dad main driver with 5 years NCD and me the named driver, result!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts