MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I'm still overwhelmed by the many options before I order my "uber Mini cooper works cabriolet" ...what about the stereo? I'm ordering the Nav system from Mini but want advise on the best sound system option to choose...I'm a 43 old business guy so..I'm not looking to blow the decible levels sky high--just want excellent sound and professional compatibility for my iPod. Any recommendations? I will be ordering the car from a NJ or NY area dealer. Looks live many mini owners have gone after market--I just want to do the right thing to ensure that I have the BEST....all advise welcomed! Thanks. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
If you don't care how much money you spend, and don't care how much car space you give up to the system then an aftermarket system will always be the "best" ... assuming "best" is not affected by spending maybe $5K or more!
If you will go aftermarket, buy the least factory system you can because you will scrap it anyway.

Perhaps your definition of "best" does not run to that level?!
The HK system gives a clearer sound and more power than the Boost (which in turn is better than the Wave). There is also something called a Digital Power Sound Module which I have only ever read about ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.