MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my cooper suspension pretty well dialed up for a daily driver,Koni fsd sway bar camber plates and poly bushes,i am on 17" wheels.I have my 15" holeys sitting in the garage and would like know what size would be best for them with max performance in mind.I am hoping that Goodyear F1 will be available.Thanks

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
205/55-15 tires will fit on 15" R81 wheels.

I don't think Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 are available for anything smaller than 16" wheels.

Yokohama S.drive and Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 are on top of the Tire Rack Customer Survey for this size.

·
Registered
R57 Cooper D, 2013, manual, velvet silver metallic, black jack mirror covers & number plate decal
65 Posts
205/55-15 tires will fit on 15" R81 wheels.

I don't think Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 are available for anything smaller than 16" wheels.

Yokohama S.drive and Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 are on top of the Tire Rack Customer Survey for this size.

195/50/15 with a V speed rating are available for £45 from MyTyres.co.uk

Not sure how they will look though??

MIB

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the info,you are correct the Goodyear's are not available in 15,i can get Bridgestone Potenzas what do you think of this piticular tire for grip.Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bridgestone Potenza G111 is what they are called around here tread looks same as S-03 Pole Position .I guess it's a marketing thing.Thanks for all your help MINIAC

·
Registered
460 Posts
its rather subjective as different tyres support different set ups conditions and driving styles it could be said that the best out and out tyre for the mini is the toyo 888 but it depends on how you dive where you live (climate etc)

not many people run the 888 as its a mainly meant for track day and summer use but it is none the less road legal and in the right conditions will not be touched, however im using it to illustrate a point YOU have to pick the best tyre for YOUR set up :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok let me pose my Q in another form,as said in my original post the suspension is where i want it with Koni FSD's,IE adj camber plates,H-Sport 19 rear bar,full set of poly bushes and M7 STM for the shrooming problem.I am on 17 wheels with Goodyear F1and they are great tyres, rims are heavy but they look the part, but i'm into driving not Bling.My holeys are sitting there wating for some good tyres and i understand they are light rims or correct me,if you have spent the money on the suspension why bicker on the price of the tyres.I live in the caribbean so it's warm weather all year alot more sun than rain,roads are twisty and great for driving a Mini, while some have craters and are bumpy hence the choise of the FSD's,finally it's a daily driver and i like to drive the H---- out it .If your recomendations are not available here i'll source them.I'm not looking for grandma tyres.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks they shure look the part almost like slicks how do they fear in the wet.Any more choices so as i can do a comparison and then decide which grandma tyres to buy .The Yokahama S drives also had good review on tire rack.

·
Registered
460 Posts
yoko parads in 15' are a good choice my mate has 888's on his cooper s he loves them you only have to be careful in standing / running water / very heavy rain (same with all high performance tyres)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys rock with your information,how would that size work here on stock springs with the FSD's i want to remain standard height because of the bumpy bits the car has to be somewhat practical,see what you're gonna make me do now buy rims,maybe i could buy as a package and put my 17 up for used sale,i'm shure one of the bling boys would snap them up,while i'm at it what brand rims in 16 are light with quality dont want to have a dent on the first pothole we have them too.Thanks again

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Much to my suprise i happened to find Toyo R888 in stock at the local agents but limited in sizes,however they have 205-55-16 can they work?.Also they have 205-50-15 .Please advise me ,i have both 15 and 16 rims,while sitting on Potenza G111 205-45-17.I want to run either of those tyres/wheels 15 or 16 on the weekend and put back on the 17 during the week for the bling effect.Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts