MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, with just days to go until the spec of our new MCS Works becomes unamendable I'm having second thoughts on the roof colour. We've chosen HB with Black because we like this on our current MCS which is Dark Silver and Black. Now I know the DS/Blk is a perfect match but the choice seems less clear with HB.

On the previous Indi Blue I can see why someone would have chosen White but Hyper Blue is a much brighter colour and I feel that HB/W looks a litte too bright and mismatched.

We don't like a body coloured roof, so the only choices are white or black, or perhaps a roof sticker to make the contrast less absolute.

It's a very subjective subject I know, but I would appreciate any views (for or against) that might help with our decision.

p.s. at the end of the day it's my wife's car and she likes black, so maybe the decision has already been made..! :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, I'm HB metallic with white roof, but I've got the sunroof, so it isn't so blindingly white. The hyper blue is brighter than the indi, but not by a whole lot.

Here's a pic to help you see the combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anyone got a picture of HB/Blk just to compare?

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
It_works said:
Thanks, anyone got a picture of HB/Blk just to compare?
Just searched the memebers and there are a few. Take a look at Franpete's gallery - (they were top of the list after the search!) and there are two MCS in HB/B in one picture!

I have HB/W on order but think the HB looks great with any colour roof!!

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
Well after a lot of thought i'm going for a white roof on mine.

I seriously considered having a H/B roof but thought the car looked a little dull, i'm having the sunroof so a roof graphic wouldn't solve anything. And not a big fan of black since one of my previous cars was that colour and it was a nightmare to keep clean, kind of put me off that colour now:rolleyes:

White has my vote..:D

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, those pictures were really helpful. I guess it really does look right in either colour.

miniminor, my reason for choosing black is firstly I used to own a 1963 mini in white with a black roof and have always preferred the look, secondly we currently have a black roof (on a DS MCS) and it's been absolutely fine with no cleaning problems whatsoever, thirdly we use our mini for the occasional trip overseas and when we fit the Mont Blanc roof rails and Thule Roof Box it all blends in well and just as importantly doesn't leave any marks on the roof when we remove them.

I also prefer the look of the Mini when there's only 2 primary colours (paint colour + black), whereas when you choose a white roof you end up with 3 primary body colours (paint colour + white roof/mirrors + black A and B pillars). Sometimes it can look a little fussy and detract from the lines of the car.

Our car will have the Aero Bodykit fitted which will further accentuate the black (where chrome is removed) so our choice of HB/Blk is probably the right colour to choose for us.

It's just that I was beginning to notice all HB Minis had white roofs and I was beginning to wonder if we'd made a terrible mistake.. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
You have chosen ....wisely, don't forget to get white wheels too, sure they are a nightmare to keep clean, but they sure do look the best when you take the time to make 'em shine :D

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
It_works said:
Thanks everyone, those pictures were really helpful. I guess it really does look right in either colour.

miniminor, my reason for choosing black is firstly I used to own a 1963 mini in white with a black roof and have always preferred the look, secondly we currently have a black roof (on a DS MCS) and it's been absolutely fine with no cleaning problems whatsoever, thirdly we use our mini for the occasional trip overseas and when we fit the Mont Blanc roof rails and Thule Roof Box it all blends in well and just as importantly doesn't leave any marks on the roof when we remove them.

I also prefer the look of the Mini when there's only 2 primary colours (paint colour + black), whereas when you choose a white roof you end up with 3 primary body colours (paint colour + white roof/mirrors + black A and B pillars). Sometimes it can look a little fussy and detract from the lines of the car.

Our car will have the Aero Bodykit fitted which will further accentuate the black (where chrome is removed) so our choice of HB/Blk is probably the right colour to choose for us.

It's just that I was beginning to notice all HB Minis had white roofs and I was beginning to wonder if we'd made a terrible mistake.. :rolleyes: :D

I'm sure i would have had a black roof by now, the red/black combo looks really cool but having owned an all black car just put me off having that colour. Black also hides the sunroof more too but i don't think the sunroof looks that out of place on a white roof either.

I can understand about the primary colour thing but i really like the white roof style no matter what the colour is.

Choosing the colour had always been the hardest option to pick for me and i always tend to play safe with colours i know i like. I've not seen a hb/blk in the ' flesh ' yet so thats why i was a little unsure on picking that combo..

:)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
White for the friendly look, black for the raw look :D :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm glad a few people have said get a white roof after seeing russelldn's photos of his car i was starting to really like HB/B. As i love Mini's with bonnet stripes and i think the white ones look best, i have to go with HB/W.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Couldn't make up my mind...

Choosing a color was the toughest part (outside of the wait…) I went to the silvers/grays first before choosing the HB. My dealer had a HB (body and roof) with the chrome package and boy was it sweet!

After seeing that, the choice was easy…
Hyper-Blue, top and bottom, and the chrome package…

Now I just want to get it here!

minirizzo

·
Just Do It
172 Posts
Go White. The mini promotion brochure has a HB/W similar to mine but with the aero kit on it. The white also help reflects the sun and keeps car cool, even with sunroof this helps. The white bonnet stripes look better than the black for black roof match.
IMHO the white is overall better. Also in line with the Italian Job movie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts