MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i just took delivery on my MINI today in boston and they forgot to put in the AUX input. so im taking it in to have it put in but they said that they put it in the glove compartment. what good is it in the glove compartment? i mean i wont bea ble to control it if my ipod is in there. and they salsmen seemed pretty firm on his stance that they cant put it anywhere else. does anyone have any good cost effective ideas to this problem? thanks

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
hi... ive seen a car at our dealer that had the aux port in the center area... i attached the only picture i could find of what i am talking about.. but the picture i am showing has a weird shelfy thingy on it.. but you should get where i am saying.

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
could always just go for an iTrip, thats what I use and it does the job fine :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
There's step-by-step instructions for installing it under the center console in the Technical DIY/FAQ section. There's also a guy out there that installed it in the empty spot among the switches, but there isn't much detail on how to do that...

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
jonnyyellow said:
hi... ive seen a car at our dealer that had the aux port in the center area... i attached the only picture i could find of what i am talking about.. but the picture i am showing has a weird shelfy thingy on it.. but you should get where i am saying.
Thats a pretty cool solution. First time I've seen a shelf like that. I know they have the cubby hole insert things, but I've never seen the shelf before.

I'm a fan of the Euro shelf solution. Euro shelf replaces the knee bolster, then the aux input can be installed in the back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer (Northwest MINI) installed the Aux in the middle area no problem. They just asked me where I would like it. They didn't charge me any extra to put it there. Your dealer is just lazy if they are telling you they can't put it anywhere other than the glove box.

Also: GO RED SOX!

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
MINI of Peabody installed it in the pillar, see my gallery for pics...very convenient, I explicitly told them no glove box and this was what they came up w/....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts