MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for a a vague title - couldnt fit it all in ;)

This is what we've got :

2003 (53) MCS with Harman Kardon/Sat Nav/MFSW

All of the above is great EXCEPT we have NO CD Prep wiring :mad:

This would seem to preclude us from Intravee as it needs the harness connection - i believe we can get a retrofit CD prep kit but looks like a complete harness back to front and the changer...

We had a Harmon Kardon Play Drive thing in the previous car which was FM modulated connection and we would like something better. Previously i've had Densions all again FM mod'd.

We would really like a solution that allows control via MFSW and display of ID3 tags so we know what we're listening to.

Did think a head change solution might be the answer but dont know if i'll lose MFSW control and if it'll work with the HK stuff.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Dean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard

Didnt realise you frequented the Mini forum - we seem to be having the same conversation on here and Intravee...

Thanks

Dean.

·
MINI2 Regular
75 Posts
Have you not considered getting Drive and Play but instead of using the FM Module, wiring it into your HU? I have this on my 03 Cooper and the sound quality is fantastic. I had to buy an extra wire from NewMiniStuff.com as my HU had no AUX in (connects to the socket for your cd changer), but it didn't cost too much and is easy to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts