MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pick my 05 MCS up on Wednesday (15th) can't wait! I've been reading a lot about the aftermarket out there for it. Sounds to me that Alta is a popular and reputable company. So now when is the best time to put an intake on? After the break in period, and if so at what mileage is considered "you've broken in the engine."? Thanks for the help.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
ga_zx3 said:
So I pick my 05 MCS up on Wednesday (15th) can't wait! I've been reading a lot about the aftermarket out there for it. Sounds to me that Alta is a popular and reputable company. So now when is the best time to put an intake on? After the break in period, and if so at what mileage is considered "you've broken in the engine."? Thanks for the help.
there's no 'set' time to put on an intake... u can bolt it on the moment you get home... just you won't have the engine screaming at high rpm to hear it though!

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
I waited for the Break-In period to be over! The very night I passed 1250 miles, the Rogue Engineering CAI went on! Never looked back!

I thought I would be tempted to rev it if I had the CAI on the MINI prior to 1250, I have a tough time with self control! :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine went on 40mins after picking it up (20mins to get home and 20 to fit).
Had only done 20miles!
Had no problems after 4000miles.
Probably more sensible to wait till after break in but cant think of any reason not to change it straight away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I waited 1,000 miles. Added a Magna Flow exhaust and 100 miles later a Promini CAI. Had I known it would sound so good I would not have gotten the HK system. I rarely have it on. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.