MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new set of tyres what non-runflats or runflats brand should i get?

I use the car for the odd track day and motorway driving and b roads.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalshter

Hi let us know how good these tyres are, been looking at these tyres myself always liked michelin tyres but not sure what there runflats are like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalshter

Thanks, the new JCW I road tested had Dunlop 9000's on they seemed pretty good but not sure if that was due to the better vehicle dynamics, got Pirelli at the moment they tend to tram line at high speed.

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
Yeah I have pirelli's at the mo and the seem to understeer quite bad, I am hoping that these new ones are going to be much better:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalshter

Hope you don't mind me asking what price did you pay for your Dunlop 9000's as they seem to be one of the most expensive runflats Ta.

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Hi let us know how good these tyres are, been looking at these tyres myself always liked michelin tyres but not sure what there runflats are like.
Would be interested to hear about the Michelins too ;)

Got Dunlop Sport 01's on the MINI at the moment as thats what it came on - can't wait to wear them out so that i can fit Dunlop Sport 9000's on as the grip is much better (ride is a bit harsher though) :cool:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
The Tire Rack classifies the Michelin Primacy HP ZP as a Grand Touring Summer tire and the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST as a Max Performance Summer tire.

Other run flat choices in the Max Performance Summer category are the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT and Continental ContiSportContact 3 SSR.

The Bridgestones are rated higher than the Dunlops in the Customer Survey.

Probably the cheapest 205/45-17 run flat replacements are Kumho ECSTA SPT (KU31) XRP tires.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
In a dry country then Toyo 888s or yoko parada spec 2s

Goodyear GSD3s are OK

In a wet then anything is OK but toyos and paradas are a bit larey in the wet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick write up on the new tires.

They are definitely softer (absorb bumps well) and quieter than the dunlops I had.
Grip around corners is good but not as great as the dunlops. This could be due to them being so new.

The price was the best part about these new michelins

So far i like but I will give an update in a weeks time.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I'd like to try the Michelin Primacy HPs at some point. I've just completed 20,000 miles on Dunlop Sport SP01 runflats and swapped all four to Pirelli P Zero Nero non-runflats. If the Dunlops scored 100% on ride comfort, grip, and noise, then the Pirellis are probably scoring 100%, 115%, and 100% respectively.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts