MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm old enough to have been a driver of the original mini and now am ready to recapture the experience. I'm about to place my order for a new mini!

I plan to buy from my local dealership and probably will buy a One with air-con, alloys, CD, chrome and metallic extras, but at the last minute wondered if there was any point in shopping around for the best price deal. I'd welcome some advice from those with experience.

Also, although I'd like the car asap, given that it is so near to the end of the year, would there be some advantage in holding off until 2005.

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
waj said:
I'm old enough to have been a driver of the original mini and now am ready to recapture the experience. I'm about to place my order for a new mini!

I plan to buy from my local dealership and probably will buy a One with air-con, alloys, CD, chrome and metallic extras, but at the last minute wondered if there was any point in shopping around for the best price deal. I'd welcome some advice from those with experience.

Also, although I'd like the car asap, given that it is so near to the end of the year, would there be some advantage in holding off until 2005.
Good day, welcome to Mini2,

if you get a better deal from shopping around then please let us know, Minis are selling like hot cakes so i doubt you will get a better deal else where.

As for getting it in 2005, i think that you have a good chance of that happening, you might struggle if you want to wait for the new registration because the One has the shortest waiting list, if you were opting for the One D then you may be waiting a lot longer as these have the longest waiting list at present. The best thing to do would be to shop around for delivery times rather than discounts...you may get some floor mats if you are lucky:rolleyes:

Hope this helps

Billy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Billy. My local dealer has one on order that they can get for me before Christmas. Maybe I should grab it while the goings good. Would there be much of a resale advantage if I waited for the new reg?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
waj.
The best you could probably get is free TLC, which is worth £100. Dealers give this as a sweetener sometimes :rolleyes:
In the price guide a 2004 54reg will be worth slighty less than a 2005 54 reg. If you want to wait till march 1st for the 05 reg that would be worth slighty more again come resale time. Saying that getting the car you want for christmas is probably your best option :) :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the dealer can get you one for december then go for it. I though I had read somewhere that they were putting up the prices in january. Could be wrong there but they have put the prices up a couple of times over the last year or so. I can't think there will be much difference in resale values as mini resales values are very good because they are in such demand. I thought the car that had the longest waiting list was the convertible model you would be lucky to get one of those for this time next year!! I think you will be very lucky to get discounts on the mini because there will always be another customer along in a minute. I found the mini dealers the least pushy of any car sales people. They just left it up to me i did'nt even get offered a coffee! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.