MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

Have bought myself a very nice cooper D R56 (6 months old) :)

But the previous owner didn't select the funky bi-xenon lighting and i've been told that two devastating things: it's not currently possible to retro-fit the buggers; and even if you could, they're too darn expensive!

So if this is true, does anyone know of any good 3rd party stuff out there?? :smile:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surprised no one's replied to this yet... :hmph: seriously no third party headlights out there for owners who've not opted for the factory fitted xenon lighting??

How about changing the bulbs... any funky road legal bulbs out there and enhances the look of your mini?? :wink:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out mikey's website NewMINIStuff.com hes got a number of new stuff on here from bulbs to new light clusters but don't know if they are for the new R56 or for the old R50 and R53. Check it out.

thanks Laura, i've browsed around there before... it all seems to be for older mini's. I've just sent them an email asking about R56 headlight stuff... will report back if i get anywhere :smile:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got email back. No 3rd party lights yet.

Bit of a gap in the market surely?? I guess it's just a matter of time before we see some really nice lights for the R56 :) (a la Audi style!)

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Got email back. No 3rd party lights yet.

Bit of a gap in the market surely?? I guess it's just a matter of time before we see some really nice lights for the R56 :) (a la Audi style!)
What about performing the "Joey Mod"...as termed by the Americans??

I'll try to find a photo of a non-xenon Joey Mod for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts